Health and Fitness, November 2019

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, November 2019

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:41 pm

My pedometer was wonky yesterday and didn’t want to correctly count my steps. However I got over 4.5 miles on my gazelle so I know I got in over 10k steps. Drank 72 ozs of water. Stayed on my plan for the most part, but did some finger linkin while making my muffins and banana bread.

A more than a few walnuts landed in my mouth... I wonder how that happened :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:27 pm

WTG, RR. Walnuts are definitely a super food. You can't go wrong with walnuts. I eat them every day. :)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:18 pm

Ramblin' what a great listing of successes - way to go :!: I know you are as happy as you are svelte.

Dee, you are doing great. An hour at a time maybe 12 of the last 14 days? You're a power. Hope you can get in to see your cardio guy when you want.

Nancy, your trees are keeping you moving! That's a lot of raking and bagging.

RunKitty, I'm not sure there are a lot of differences between anti-inflammatory for getting rid of the arthritis threat ( photo of arthritis :arrow: :twisted: ) and the general anti-inflammatory for arterial health, etc. I know that arthritis must exist for me at a low-level joint-wise but has been squelched for 4 years or so.

The other doctor who mentioned inflammation to me is our eye doctor who explained that eyes are affected by inflammation when our joints are. For instance, cataracts are definitely made worse by it.

Anyway, I saw him today and my eyes have gotten better again. I credit the greens (lutein)! So that's two visits in a row, two years apart, that he's had to change my prescription to make it weaker, and I'm a happy camper. I really must go get new glasses when I get the chance because it's very obvious to me on a daily basis that there's been a change. Nice to know it's because I actually see too well for these glasses now. The retina area he was worried about separating once, seemed healed at last visit and still is. He doesn't see it, so I guess I can really believe in that now - no procedure needed.

We were most pleased, though, because HRH has only a small change for the worse in his eyes. Dr said he was worried it was really going to be bad after all HRH has gone through, especially the prednisone dosage, and so he was pleasantly surprised. Whether HRH will bother with glasses or not I don't know. He's never bothered with more than reading glasses.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:01 pm

I walked ddog. It definitely improved my mood.
I have the leaves handled now h just has to haul them off, he definately noticed they were heavier after it had rained.
I shopped today for some of my steps.
Rr - No walnuts for me bc of allergies.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:08 am

Stayed on my eating plan, but didn’t get my steps or water in yesterday.

Spent the morning at a workshop on dementia and Alzheimer’s because I was interested in it. Then I spent 4 hours teaching my new to me “cousin” how to navigate Ancestry... life happens :D

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Non scale victory - I bought 12 jeans today. Granted, they have some stretch. The last 14 I bought in jeans with stretch stretches out too much and I'm constantly pulling them up at the waist. Actually, I have no waist, I just have a small tuchas and my weight is in torso and tummy.

The "decade photo" challenge on Facebook had me look back at a photo from 10 years ago. It was probably at my lowest later adult weight. Even less than I weighed when I got pregnant with dkids. That is still 15 lbs from now, and I was also working out then so had more strength and better shape.

That last 15 lbs is a reasonable goal for 2020 along with adding some strength training. That will put me just into normal BMI.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:22 pm

Hurray Twins!!!

I’m like you, no butt so I keep pulling my jeans up all the time. I try to wear a belt when possible it keep my pants off the ground :lol:

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:19 am

Stayed on my eating plan, but due to my migraine I didn’t get my steps in nor my water. I’ll work on that today

Haven’t been on my scale but will do so on Monday. I’m really focusing on my next goal and don’t want to get distracted if the scale doesn’t move the way I want it to. Know migraine meds sometimes mess with my weight so I’m keeping that in mind.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Cough cough bs was up again. Posting from exercise bike.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:35 pm

Rooting for you Nancy know your struggles are real and totally understand your frustration

Return to “Healthy Habits”