Health and Fitness, December 2019

Share healthy living habits.
Twins' Mom

Re: Health and Fitness, December 2019

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:36 pm

I am down 16.4 lbs, measuring from 2 Jan (we were away on 1 Jan) to this morning. I've walked more and eaten better, especially with regard to sweets, processed foods, and alcohol intake. I plan to lose more in 2020 - 16.4 lbs from today would put me into the normal BMI range. I'm doing Dryuary again this year - no alcohol for January, and that is a jump start to weight loss also.

And a trainer for strength, consistent walking. Based on how I felt this a.m., I need to add some back and hip stretches. Not a destination but a journey.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:24 am

Harriet, when I saw "Derek", I hoped it was Derek from Simnett Nutrition and it was! He is one of my favorite YouTubers.....very knowledgable. He is also a Vivo Life ambassador, as is my guy Miles. I looked at his sauce recipes too. His hummus recipte is almost identical to mine. I thought I invented that. :D
Dr. Greger convinced me a few months ago to buy an Instant Pot. I love it for cooking legumes of all sorts.
Twins', you are doing great and should be very proud of your progress. Don't let age limit you thouugh. I'm pretty sure I am older than all of you. I looked back through this year's running log and I ran a minimum of 15 miles per week, sometimes more. My daily steps are usually above 12,000. My weight has remained stable for the past year, between 3 to 5 pounds less than my goal weight.
Great idea, LadyM, to increasse your comsumption of bright colored vegetalbes!! You collect a lot of data which will hopefully lead to better health in the future. Congrats on the weight loss!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:37 am

RK, I am 64!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Healthy Habits”