Health and Fitness, January 2020

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, January 2020

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Run kitty..my mom had to have back surgery three years ago and that helped relieve some of her pain. However she quit doing some of her balancing exercises after going to PT several times. She has access to a treadmill but wouldn’t use it. However she does take her walker and walks close to a 1/2 mile if the weather is good most days. You’re like me... most people don’t believe my age either and I have had to pull out my drivers license to convince people of my age. I’ve won a few bets that way :D

I use my mom as a model for my good health. She was in the medical field starting at the age of 18, which would have been in 1946 and somehow learned what health eating should be. You know protein, veggies and starch for dinner. Eggs, toast and fresh orange juice or grapefruit for breakfast and yogurt, when the only flavor that was available was prune. Limited dessert every night.. 2 cookies, pudding or mellow, and on alcoholic drink on the weekends... all with the correct portions. I bet until recently her weight never fluctuated more than 3-5 lbs in her entire life.

I don’t have a treadmill but I’d like one. My glider is probably 13 years old and most likely has 12-15k miles on it. Never had a problem with it. I’d like a treadmill because I think I could walk faster in less time, but the footprint on my glider is smaller than a treadmill.

I miss being around dogs as well. Hopefully I’ll have another one in the future. I love my pitty boy and would love another one. However homeowners insurance can make owning on difficult. I’m waiting to be cleared to work at a shelter close to home and should know something next week. I would love to get a pitty boy and train him for a service dog. That would help with the insurance. Sweetie wants to travel for a while dog free. We’ll see if that happens. That’s the only reason I’m not actively looking for a pup at the moment.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:40 pm

I walked the dog this afternoon.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:22 pm

I watched a brand new video of Derek from Simnett Nutrition making three low-fat sauces/dressings. They look really good. He was wearing a Nutrition Facts dot Org tee shirt and dropping part of his blender on the floor. lol

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm

I made my step goal for the week (ending yesterday) last night at 10 p.m. then went to bed. Goal is same for this week: 8 K average = 56K for the week.

I'm eating better and not drinking any wine. Scale has not budged, but I'm sure it will.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:31 pm

I did 25 min. On the stat bike today.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:59 am

Back at the gym and working with weights again. Took a self defense class on Saturday. As usual I was the oldest one there by 20 years! It was fun and I learned a few choke moves to use if needed as well as some evasive ones.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:43 am

Mon. Exercise was interesting I had to change it up bc my hip was hurting.
Walked around the block w out the ddog, someone had been target pratcing ddog does not like to go out then.
Couple of hrs later walked w ddog around block again.
Did ten min. On stat bike mid afternoon.
Before dinner did 10 min. On gazelle.
After dinner showered did a cooler rinse off, then stretched and my back went back in! Yea!

I have decor items to put downstairs as part of my exercise today.
Wed. Walked w ddog.
Thurs. Posting from exercise bike.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:19 pm

I am so happy with myself!!!

Two and a half weeks ago I had my body composition done with my gym.

It analysis my total body water, dry lean mass in lbs, my body fat mass and my weight.

I knew my weight would be up a bit but with all I’ve been through during these last two weeks I wasn’t gonna be too hard on myself.

However I am thrilled because I lost 2 lbs of body fat and gained 2 lbs of muscle.

When I began my lean body mass was 94.4 lbs and today it was 90.6.

Last week I started to feel much stronger...it was like something just clicked. So I told Jason I wanted to pickup my workout and start lifting weights on a bar instead of using hand held bar bells.

Today I started out with bench pressing 55lbs doing 8 reps for 4 sets with time to rest in between. To be fair I was able to do 2 sets unassisted and the last two Jason sort of steady the bar as I lift. The last time I lifted was three years ago I had worked up to 70lbs. When I was 18 I could bench press 160. Yikes!!!

I work continually during the hour with only short break times in between.

But what I was most proud of today was a routine where I take a sledge hammer and pound a tire 5 times with each arm, do 5 squats and run 200 yards and then repeat the set two more times... I do drink some water in between set.

Run kitty will probably laugh at me but this is the first time EVER running/sprinting 200 yards without stopping and then I did the same another two times.

I had so much fun running sprints I told Jason I wanted to do that all the time. I usually hate running but I think I am feeling so much stronger that it was actually fun.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:11 am

Rode the exercise bike this morn8ng for 30 min..

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:38 am

What an inspiring place to come visit. I am so proud of each of your challenges set, met and exceeded. WOW! Just WOW!

POTB!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Healthy Habits”