Health and Fitness, April, 2009

Share healthy living habits.
Emptynester

Re: Health and Fitness, April, 2009

Postby Emptynester » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:38 am

Today is weigh in day - WOO HOO 2.5 pounds and 2 inches off the belly!!! Now to keep it up.

Today's menu back on regular page. But thought this was special and deserved its own post.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:18 pm

Still walking here. Trying to maintain habit from spring break week. Also trying to burn off some of this nervous energy. Do you think PMS really has anything to do with it? I've always been prone to panic, but it doesn't happen near as often since I started taking Paxil. OTOH -- as dh said -- with the Paxil, you'd think I wouldn't have attacks like I did last night at all.
I need to check my prayer (and panic, LOL) journal against cycle dates.

I walked 2 miles Monday night, probably 4 last night, and 3 tonight.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Wow on 3 counts!

Wow Nancy 100 gallons of weeds pulled - yes, that would be a LOT of exercise. 8-)

Wow Emptynester 2.5 pounds & 2 inches - Stellar! 8-)

Wow lucylee: "I walked 2 miles Monday night, probably 4 last night, and 3 tonight." 8-)

PMS does have far-reaching effects, lucylee. I wouldn't be surprised. Recordkeeping is always an intelligent move, yes. I haven't had a panic attack in so long. It felt like I had minor physical symptoms of one the night after we found out my mom would have to have this surgery/hospital stay. I noted that it was the "right" time of month, but who knows. Perhaps if someone has upsetting news to tell a woman with PMS they should give her the option of waiting a few days... ... :?
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Harriet: Thank you so much for being so encouraging to all of us. You also have such good advice for keeping us on track.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Congratulations MT for your progress!

Harriet, I can't imagine having a scare like your dh had. That would be very motivating! Thank you for always encouraging us like you do.

Lucylee, we are sisters-in-the-struggle. My moods were unpredictable the closer I got to menopause. After all that, I could sense a very stable even feeling I'd never had before. See what you have to look forward to?

Nancy, so glad you are getting back your strength.

I'm still doing some sort of exercise every day. Used my arms differently than usual, hand washing a bunch of heavy laundry and could feel it the next day. I've been eating better, focusing on vegetables and fiber. And I lost a couple pounds.

Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:52 pm

Checking in....

BWTG to all the HH Divas!

Exercising has been put on hold for a few weeks. Winds of rumors caught up to me about a chiropractor in our area practicing some different techniques.

http://www.atlasorthogonality.com/

I've been going to chiropractors for 20 years and this method is extremely effective - quite amazing! Anyhoos.... Doc doesn't want me to doing exericing for 3 weeks so that the muscles can start building to the new bone configurations. I was pretty disappointed to learn that after I'd worked so hard to get back in the groove. Hopefully, I can get right back in at the end of next week. 2 weeks down -- 1 to go!

I crashed & burned on the 30-day-raw over the weekend -- big time! :o :lol: This is the last week. I wasn't quite as successful as I wanted to be, but better than the last time I did it. I tried a lot of new recipes which I hope to incorporate into my daily menus.

Down from 146 to 140.4 this morning. *whew* I was worried after this weekend.
:: Time & Space for My Dreams :: Slow & Steady for a Lifetime! ::

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Congratulations on those pounds, Harmony! They really couldn't hang around much longer as you have definitely been getting more active.

Smile, you stay away too long! Btw, how tall are you? Is 140 your choice of weight? Best wishes on the new chiropractic. I have not heard that before (waiting on exercise).

I got in 20 minute basic workout today before heading to my parents'.

Eating is good. I have hope of misplacing ;) that one more pound by May, but it's okay if not. What have I got - 5 more days? Maybe. I'm glad I made these little goals and "published" here - keeps me aware.

Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:03 pm

I'll try to get here more often. Lord knows I can use the accountability. ;)

I'm just a smidge under 5'6". I prefer to be around 130, so I've got a little ways to go yet.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:30 pm

That is a very slim future-Smile Lee we are talking about! I'd bet you look great right now. You're exercising for trimness (is that a fair statement? lol), so will be carrying a little weight that doesn't show. I am not really thinking of getting into the 130s. I wouldn't dislike it, just prefer the low-140s-and-working-out look for me. I'm probably less than an inch taller than you, since I'm a little over 5'6". I have some photos of myself at low 130s and my facial features didn't look as nice as I'd like - hard to explain.

One-half pound has been misplaced, for 1.5 lost in April. Had already admitted in the diary thread that I dooooon't think the extra .5 will happen in its designated month! Time to start a new thread!

Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:39 am

Well... not so trim right now. I had just gotten back into working out after a long hiatus when the chiro doc requested that I not exercise for 3 weeks. I'm looking pretty flabby right now. There are plenty of love handles to go around. roflol! This is my 3rd week of chiro, so Saturday I'm going to start working out again. Can't wait!!!!

On the upside ----- I started drinking 2 daily smoothies -- 1 in the morning with strawberries/beet/carrot/walnuts/coconut milk/dates/protein -- and a green/fruit smoothie with 1/2 pound of greens making over a quart's worth. Wow! I'm amazed at how much more focused I am, which is very encouraging. My sludge brain was starting to worry me a bit.

I'm still in the 140 range -- 140.6. I swear that's a miracle. ;) I had a major crash & burn carb-load over the weekend. Funny how weight effects different people. I tend to look younger when I am thinner. Maybe it's just all in my head. lol!

Return to “Healthy Habits”