Health and Fitness, September 2020

Share healthy living habits.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Health and Fitness, September 2020

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:39 pm

I can so empathize with you, Harriet. Having not been able to reach for anything with my left arm for 25 years now, I always am very apprehensive when my right shoulder starts giving me grief. I wouldn't wish that discomfort and limitation on anybody.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:52 am

I was able to get 2.5 miles on my gazelle yesterday and stayed on my eating plan.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:48 am

Did one mile on my gazelle with built in exercise including pushing and pulling my entire weight. Also did 20 minutes of free weights for my arms.

Stepped on my scale. I swear my body has a set weight which seldom changes. If I gain weight when I’m thinner this is where I land. If I eat modestly which includes breads or occasional potatoes this is where it stays. It’s always stays within a pound or two and never fluctuates . And when I get serious about dropping weight I always start at the same weight. Wonder why that is and if body set weight if fact or fiction. Good question to ask Jason.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:07 am

Well after doing a little research I discovered the set point theory which states the weight I stay at is determined more by the amount of exercise I do, which makes sense to me.

The studies say you need 250 minutes or 4 hours of exercise a week to start to increase your metabolism. Since the virus’s my body movement has really decreased while Sweeties stays the same. He walks a mile every night and physically works outside for an hour every morning... sometimes longer.

The theory also states your body’s set point is connected to your body metabolism and your hypothalamus, which is the gland in your body that works as your body clock, releasing needed hormones and such at the same time every day. I also believe my migraines are somehow intertwined with it as mine Seasons usually show up at tHe same time each year.

So is this theory holds any truth to it I am back on the right track with increasing my physical activities. I hope to be back in the gym in two weeks and I am signing up for pickleball classes in Nov.

Though My personal training is three hard hours a week, looks like I need to increase my physical actives through out the week. My bike is waiting and once it cools down during the mornings I want to add riding it again.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:10 am

I am logging my food into Cronometer. The nutriitional results are what I am wanting most. I am consistently low in potassium and selenium. Hum.....

I am totally off the chart with the number of calories, protein, fat, and carbs. I know short-term tracking doesn't necessarily make sense so I am looking for the weekly/monthly average. Short term nonsense....yesterday I ate 2287 calories and the scales were down a half-pound this morning. :roll:

I am seeking awareness, knowledge, and accountability. I am trying my best to not bring emotion into it and just focus on the numbers.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:06 pm

LadyM...
Like that... no emotions, just concentrate and focus on numbers. Doing the same thing ... just do what I know works and the results I got from the past. So don’t think, just do :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:42 pm

I walked the dog at six to be done early for errands before it got hot.

Sat. Exercise was on the stat bike.
I walked with a mask bc of the smoke on Sunday with the dog.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:21 am

I'm trying hard to form the habit of logging my food/exercise into "My Fitness Pal". Some days I don't seem to get dinner in there. I'm also beginning trying to build the habit of NOT snacking at all. I've made one in a row :lol: so far. It takes 21 days (at least that's what I've always been told) to form a new habit, so we'll see. I did have about one oz cheese last night just before dinner because I was very hungry. Dh and I split a fish fry from the pub so it was just enough. My weight was down about 6/10 of a pound this morning.

I too find I need to do plenty of exercise to balance the time that I'm not moving in the RV, RR.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:35 pm

Today DH brought home some sausage kolache from a local donut shop. Cronometer didn't recognize sausage kolache so I did an alternate search on pig-in-blanket and found a suitable replacement.

That leads me to wonder if sausage kolache is a local thing?

I am still not eating as I want but I am holding myself accountable for the cr*p I am eating by logging everything.

Yesterday I observed that I ate -
** 1843 calories
** 152% too much protein
** 765% too many carbs
** 128% too much fat

Looking at nutritional goals for the 4 days of September that I've logged-
** 108% of calorie goal -
** 454% over my carb goal :shock:
** 36% of Potassium.
** 37% of fiber
Obviously I have some tweaking to do.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:56 pm

The harder I want to do this, and the harder I try, the harder this becomes. I have important reasons to do this, I have lots of knowledge and facts. Scores of diets and papers and books and websites. Who knows the secret?

Return to “Healthy Habits”