Health and Fitness, October 2020

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, October 2020

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:07 pm

My weight has begun to inch back down again. With my migraine and allergy headaches I haven’t felt like getting on my gazelle. Hopefully I can get some steps in today.

As for my eating plan, I’m changing back to what I did a while back when I was very successful with it. I just tried eating 1000 calories so that I could add some other foods like occasional rice, potatoes and breads, but I was truly to it for over a week and my weight just hung in the same place even with daily 3-5 miles on my gazelle. It was very frustrating cause I didn’t cheat.

I stop taking my Zoloft a few days back as I felt it was a contributing factor with the last of weight loss. The only reason I was taking it was to ensure I would sleep. Lack of good sleep, not in length but in depth, is the only major trigger I have ever been able to contribute to my migraines. The better sleep I have, the less frequent my migraine are.

I tried melatonin in the past, with little success, however for the past three nights I have slept very well with it. But I need to keep in mind that my body may still have the effects of the Zoloft. I’ll know better after a week or so.

Anyway at least I’ve seen a bit of a loss these last few days... not much but at least a little. I haven been very hungry so I am not eating three meals stretched out during the day. I am eating my big meal around 3:30 because that’s the time I find myself really hungry.

I’ll see how that goes. Usually I am hungry when I get up, it that’s not happening now either. I also need to get back on drinking more water again... I’m back to only getting 48ozs of water. I do drink 24 oz of coffee most days as well as 16 oz of plain carbonated water.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:42 pm

I'm down a couple pounds. If I cut out the evening snacking, when I seem to be most hungry, that helps my numbers. I still have a long way to go.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:01 pm

I have walk ed the dog the long walk on a hill did 75% of it.
Did 15 min. on stat bike as well..

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:42 pm

I’m still on track, but it’s going slowly. I really need to focus on more water, but sometimes my stomach issues don’t like that... it’s a balancing act

Football game on later today... I’ll be on my gazelle while I watch it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:44 pm

I have walked the dog.

Sun. I did exercise on stat bike.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:29 am

Now that I'm in FL I hope to be able to get out each day for at least one walk, no matter how short. Right now I'm back to drinking coffee w/caffeine -mainly because that's what dd has (lots of it). So I'll see how my BP does with that. Also want to get some soda in the fridge to cool. I maybe drink one bottle every 1-2 days. Think all she has right now is diet P epsi w/caffeine. I'll get around to buying when she and I go grocery shopping. Won't be for a few days.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:43 am

Thanks to walking dfriend M's dog, R uby, I blew past my 49K step goal last week. I've upped the goal to 56K this week - 8K daily average. M will have surgery on Wed and it will be several weeks before she can walk R uby independently because is a big strong girl, so I have several weeks to develop a walking habit!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:23 pm

Just came back from a short walk (about 1500 steps). Felt good & feel pretty good, though a tad tired. But I know I need to keep going for those shorter walks to start building my strength again. I'll try to go again this afternoon but not when it's at its hottest.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:42 pm

I am always inspired when I come here and read what others are doing.

I am not having much success losing weight but I'm okay with that for now. I realize that I'm under a tremendous amount of stress right now with the short timeline of selling DMom's home and cleaning it out. DSis and DBro are calling me about it every day and wait for me to make the next step happen. This is on top of dealing with my Parkinson's symptoms. Plus doing 2 kinds of homeschool. Plus raising 2 active kids. Plus a husband. Plus covid concerns. Plus plus plus. ANYway..... At the same time that I am struggling to keep up with it all, I totally acknowledge my life is an easy street compared to many.

I don't want to use these things as an excuse to stop making an effort to take care of myself. I decided today that the garden is producing enough fresh greens now to feed me. The greens might not last long once cold weather hits but for a few days, they should be plentiful. Today I made a ridiculously big salad and homemade dressing. The salad had about a dozen ingredients including a hamburger patty left from yesterday (I included it to up the protein). Eating all that fresh produce took some time! I enjoyed every bite of the salad but it took an hour to eat it. I was tired of eating by the time I finished and even though it is now 8 hours later I still feel full. So I'm going to attempt to do OMAD again tomorrow with a similar big salad.

Tomorrow is a potluck meal at our church for the seniors. I can't attend because I'm homeschooling the kids. However, DH will be cooking multiple pans of cornbread to take. I'm gathering my will power now to not eat the fresh hot cornbread. ....no matter how good it looks and smells. When I compared what many are doing it seems ridiculously easy. I just need to put it into a perspective that moves it from hard-to-do into an easily accomplished.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:35 pm

I'm down another 2 pounds but still way too high. Not making any kind of fast progress, that's for sure, but any progress downward puts a smile on my face when I weigh in the morning.

Return to “Healthy Habits”