Health and Fitness, December, 2020

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, December, 2020

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:07 am

Happy December! It will be an unusual one, in which Health means thoughtfulness about our end-of-year plans. Remembering the little things that keep us safe during a difficult time. Thoughtfulness has been our watchword and will continue.

Less interaction with others will keep them and us healthier. Yet we'll need to bolster our emotional well-being :idea: too, as we have less camaraderie to enjoy. We'll find news of vaccines impacting our communities, and maybe our families, if they include health pros or nursing home residents, etc.

Thanks to RunKitty for reminding that commitment to fitness can be private, quiet and yet consistent, such as her pleasant daily runs.

Best healing wishes to any waiting a while, on the injured list, such as Nancy after her fall. (hope she's back to daily outdoor walking soon)

Keep up the good work with smart eating, seeing that sunshine when we can, staying hydrated and respecting sleep routines! Have a great December! Can you believe 2020 is almost over? Perhaps no comment? ;) How will you be "on your mark, ready set and go" into a 2021 with health potential?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, December, 2020

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:27 am

Did stat bike tonite, learned from my fav. Football quarterback. Not walking as much but trying out shorter one at the bass hole
at handicap fishing dock it had handrails and level foot path for a bit of a change of pace interesting for the dog made up for lack of distance
Working back into longer ones. Leaf raking bagging continues.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:05 pm

We are trying to make sure we have beans and grains every day, since zinc is in the "news" (old news if you ask me) for resistance to the virus. also vitamin d along with the zinc, they say, which is definitely old news for all viruses, but good to know that it proves true again, I suppose.

I am on my own with PT exercises every day now. I can make it fast or make it take 20 mins or more. Up to 30 I suppose if I tried to remember every single one, but they gave me a priority line-up. I know I'm not as ideal a PT trainer for myself as they were. The main guy, especially, was really good at helping me with exact positions for hand and arm, reminders of keeping shoulders down, etc.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:33 pm

What kind of beans are you having daily Harriet?

I did leaf duty today bagged up 9 bags of leaves two big piles done now yea 99% done.
I walked by the river with the dog for a change it was sunny and nice trying to change it up a bit, shorter walks but more interesting for her.
I used a walking stick that helped, I did walk further than yesterday not sure on the distance because of the new place I walked and I did not pay\
attn. to the markers.
I also did 30 min. on the stat bike at dusk bs was up a bit. Had some stress today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:39 pm

We do pots of dried beans, but often canned lately, too, because it's just fast and easy when there are so few of us here for meals. Pintos are HRH's favorite, hands down. I put black beans with meals that have corn and make a homemade guacamole to go with those. (just avocado, finely chopped red onion and lime juice). I put small green peas (canned) over the top of tossed salads and it really adds something - both my dds have always liked them, plus they're pretty. The rest of the family is not too excited about tofu but I enjoy it. HRH likes it fine as long as it is cooked to the point it's almost crispy outside, lol. There are great recipes for stews and soups with lentils but haven't had that lately - that would be a good idea for winter.

I know Lynlee would be saying chia seeds, which are even more full of zinc - she admires chia for good breakfasts. Nuts and seeds in with whole grains are very zinc-rich meals. There's greens and mushroom and other things we eat that are high in it. Supplements/pills are good I'm sure, I just always think the body is hoping for the easy-to-assimilate stuff from foods.

Yep, walking sticks are good motivation. I think they remind, "A walk would be fun", lol. HRH always takes his.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:01 pm

I have done 15 min. Of leaf raking yoga.
Did several rounds got them all bagged up, and I added in the utility trailer yea me!
[20 ish bags.]
Walked the dog slowly around the block in the sun.
Thurs. Walked in the field not all of my weekly hike.
Fri. I am so pleased that I am able to say I did my full regular walk today first one since I took a tumble a week ago.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:42 pm

I’m still on m eating plan, but haven’t been able to get 10k steps every day. I’m alright with that cause I am doing some weights.

NSV... non-scale victory... I’m in pants I haven’t worn ina year with my sweater tucked in no less, plus I’ve moved over on notch on my belt and same with my bra :D

I’m not getting on the scale cause sometimes if I don’t see it move it can derail me.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:35 am

I am finally making progress. I was so stuck, unable to keep to a diet and every day kept wanting to do it and trying and unable. I found a mini fast got me started on the right path. Like not eating much if anything at all until dinner. I got the scale going down finally. This is the longest I've been stuck while wanting desperately to do something about it. I will have to remember this trick if I ever get in this position again. I am 6 lbs. down. Not a lot but it's a start.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:20 am

I was pleased to be able to walk again medium walk with the dog, took my walking stick.
Raked leaves in back yard as well as some shopping in W store.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:20 am

Oops doube posted. :roll:

Return to “Healthy Habits”