Health and Fitness, January 2021

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, January 2021

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:10 am

I have to remember yesterday was a recovery day and that means meds and the migraine hangover effect makes me slow.

Stayed on my eating plan though I ate brunch, not a breakfast and a lunch. Recorded food and drank 64 ozs of water. Haven’t weight myself and won’t till Friday.

5 days no sugar.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:20 pm

Mon. I did 30 min. on stat bike.
Tues. Walk dog x 15 on stat bike.
Wed. 30 on stat bike, Shopping for some steps, walked dog by the river. :mrgreen:
Thurs. Counting vacuuming rec room, hauling vacuum up and down the stairs and moving some furnature.
Fri. In the moirning I did changing out of five sets of curtians in the basement rec room for some exercise, and
in the afternoon 30 min. On stat bike.
Sat. Walked the dog.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:37 am

Stayed on my eating plan, but almost gave in to sugar. Was going to spread some PB on a piece of bread, but talked myself into eating a wasa cracker instead.

Phew, that was close!!!

Day 6, no sugar :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:27 pm

YGG, RR! :D Good for you. Wish I could abstain completely from sugar but find myself too often with a low BS in the middle of the night. Then I eat something to counteract that. Hopefully I'll level out at some point. Almost figure my Dr will either change my diabetic med or again lower it in the spring.

I have now lost 5.4# since December 31st. It's enough to keep me determined. I have to make this work -and way over due.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:35 pm

Mon. Did 30 min. On stat bike.
Tues. Did 30 on stat bike. Walked the dog, did 25 min. Of gardening.
Wed. Did 30 on stst bike. 15 min. Of yd. Work. Walked a shorter walk with dgd & ddog. It was brisk today outside.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:12 pm

Some problems are good to have. I have 2 pairs of slacks with elastic waists and they are too loose now when I put my cell phone in the pocket. Just a tiny little bit. I guess I'll start measuring, I thought I wasn't making progress in inches. Maybe I just had them a bit stretched out from wearing them at my heaviest? :oops:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:16 pm

great job to everyone. Congrats to those losing some weight, that's cool. I've been trying to have the habit of getting in my large salad every day, which I'd sorta let slide. It has helped me to go ahead and buy one of the fancy salad mixes such as the ones that already have seeds, even salad dressings in the bag and have a variety of greens. Then I use one third of that bagged product every time I make my big salad, into which I put more ordinary, basic and bulky fare like my romaine, cukes and green peas.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:14 pm

Grrr, my weight is up for the last 2 days (1.6#) since my lowest last week. Not sure why -sure exercising enough and eating is good. Will see what the end of the month brings. Even if I get back to that low point of last week I'll be happy.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:13 pm

I'm down 1.7 lbs comparing my 1 Jan weight to my weighted (no pun intended) 10 day average weight. Comparing my weight this a.m. to 1 Jan I'm down 3.3 lbs. I don't know if the weight for this a.m. will "hold." It may be back up tomorrow!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:26 am

My weight is up a bit too, Twins, but I KNOW why. I haven't used my cards/spread sheet since Thursday. Things went downhill from there. I failed to put in my eye drops, use my bruise cream, gained weight, didn't list my eating, blood pressure is up (at least my blood sugar has stayed stable), didn't do nearly the exercise I've been doing. So sabotage is my own fault. Back on the wagon today. Making oatmeal for breakfast (steel cut). I need to record my weight loss/gain tomorrow here. Thinking I'll do it the first of each month and see where it takes me.

Return to “Healthy Habits”