Health and Fitness, February, 2021

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, February, 2021

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:29 pm

Did stat bike 30 mon.
Shoveled snow for afternoon exercise. On Thurs. & Fri.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:23 pm

Harmony I eat/take 1-2 Tbls of MCT oil ... medium Chain Triglycerdes... every day. That’s 100% non-gmo coconut oil every day and some times I use olive oil and vinegar for my salad dressing

One TBls of coconut oil has 130 calories and OLive oil has 120
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:03 pm

Well I ate that I was suppose to, but made cornbread for Sweetie to go with his beans. I especially love sweet cornbread known as Johnny Cakes ... have since I was a kid, so of course I ate some. This is the reason I rarely make cornbread because I could eat an entire panful without much trouble :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:23 pm

Recordkeeping work being done here. I've consolidated all my 8x11 fitness recordkeeping since 2001 :shock: into one 1-inch 3-ring binder with dividers, mostly loose-leaf but some in protective sheets. I also used the cellophane baggie the dividers came in to corral all small bits of paper on which I'd recorded :idea: and stuck that in the pocket, so that those tidbits of info are safe and sound, too. I noticed some were well documented with dates, etc.

I'll say this, whatever I was doing through 2016, 2017 and the very first of 2018 I need to go back and study. :idea: That was an especially good time for all aspects: exercise, eating, weight consciousness. So it makes me wonder :? why was that time smooth sailing, but after that, I seemed to fall off the recordkeeping map with stops and starts.

HRH has a theory that things probably became tougher for me when we learned that he had kidney problems, which led to the biopsy to prove the autoimmune disease, then the November 2018 beginnings of the day trips to the hospital, etc. for his treatments, and then all the emphasis on his health for 2019.

I also remember that the end of 2017 was a real flashpoint of the crazy-making stuff at church that had me pulling out my hair, probably causing sleepless nights.

Anyway, all very interesting.
It's a good feeling to have just one binder with all papers. (Except for the years I kept 4x6 graph index cards, which are actually neater and more compact, but not as detailed.) The really full records of eating, kept on the computer, are easily available but I wouldn't bother printing.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:41 pm

Harriet - BWTG on getting your records organized so you can observe the cause and effect.

Today I had summer squash and delicata squash at the same meal. I usually only fix one kind of squash at a time. However, I'm glad the dual squash happened because I got to compare them side by side. For the past 5+ decades, the summer yellow squash has always been my go-to favorite squash to grow and eat. If it isn't available then I'll use zucchini squash. However, now there is a "new kid" in town and taking over the top spot. The delicata squash is now my favorite. It is much easier to grow, will keep better, and is hands-down the winner of the squash taste test.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:58 pm

I need to try the delicata squash. I grew up eating yellow summer squash and rarely ate winter squash. The winter squashes, butternut and acorn, are my go to squash right now. I do try to eat seasonally, so I don't usually eat them in the summer, and I rarely eat summer squash this time of year. Cooked, the yellow squash just get so mushy! I do like them in a casserole, when I can thicken them up with bread crumbs and cheeses.

Dh is a fan of spaghetti squash, which I just don't care for. I don't think it has much flavor or texture. Maybe I've not eaten it well prepared.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:02 pm

I walked & did the stat bike yesterday.
Thurs. & Fri. did stat bike & walked.the dog, it was windy.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:03 pm

According to my figures I lost the 'grand total' of 4.4# in the month of February. Would have liked more but at least it's down. It's been very difficult to lose anything this month. I am cycling a whole lot more making a magnanimous amount of steps a day, trying hard not to snack. If I snack even a little I seem to gain. So I've lost the same ounces several times over this past month. So! We'll see what March brings.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Healthy Habits”