Health and Fitness, February, 2021

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, February, 2021

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:10 pm

Welcome! Please come in and chat with us here about gaining and maintaining good health, strength and stamina. First, because we are worth it! And also because it prepares us every day to meet the challenges of our wonderful calling, homemaking.

How did January - a rather isolated yet chaotic January this year - treat you? Were you able to continue successes, did you face any new obstacles or think of bright tips? Do tell!

What do you need from February? Starting a new month reminds us that each month brings a new opportunity for fresh starts in any area that may benefit us. That may be something we are DOING (exercise, water), something we are NOT DOING (desserts, sodas, late nights) or something we are RECORDING (calendar, planner, cards, apps!).

Is there a goal you want to report or a problem you want to share for tips or ideas? Have you accomplished one of those proactive medical things that make us all flinch to hear about, but you are SO COOL for doing? 8-) We hope you'll post with us!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness, February, 2021

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:06 pm

Fighting a winter cold has been my challenge. Take vits. Somnething I need to pay attn. To.
I have been able to keep up for the most part with my exercise, stat bike and walks.
Mon. Did stat bike today even though my lower back has been out got in a walk with the dog also.
Tues. Inside exercise bc it was raining outside.
Wed. Stat bike & walked the dog in just a bit of light rain got home just in time just befor the harder rains came.
Thurs. Shopping & walk ed by the river.
Fri. Found a fun feature on my phone 3.3 mi. / 7,167 steps. That includes my stat bike & walk but I did not have my phone on me all the time today.
Made it fun an d interesting.
Sat. Did stat bike was to = 4,135 apx. Steps.by the end of the day did get to my 10,000 step goal.
Sun. 30 min. Stat. bike done 3,700 = 1.8 mi.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:32 pm

I lost weight in January, in part, Friday - Sunday, from eating little. :roll:

From 1 Jan to 1 Feb I lost five lbs using the actual weight each day. If I use the 10 day average, I lost 3.5 lbs. Either is fine. I'd like to continue - I'm still not back to where I was maybe last summer. And I need to keep walking.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:33 pm

Can you share any of it, RR?
Finally found my old eating plan I used 35 years ago that helped me loose almost 30 lbs.

Well, here I am at the beginning of a new month. My weight is down a "whopping" 2.4#. I guess that's much better than gaining but had hoped to be over 5#. Next month? Of course I've pretty much sabotaged myself the last few days of January. At my lowest point on January 23rd I had lost 4.6#. Now not to get too confident. Back to the ol' tried and true.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:27 am

I started on an old med last weekend, hoping that is helpful on so many levels.
Its been helpful before, then the dose was too much and I came off it, trying again at a lower dose.
It can only help with the biological stuff.

Went back to old taichi group today. Its just an hour, so I need to be there on time next week.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:28 pm

I've been staying on my eating plan. Won't get on the scale till Monday..maybe sooner, we shall see.

I need to drink more water each day. For some reason I am having trouble doing it. Also need to sit less and move more :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:14 pm

Stayed on my eating plan and have already gotten all my water in today.

Have a new chart I drew up to record my progress and it is helping me to stay motivated :D

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:23 pm

Stayed on my eating plan and got all my water in yesterday.

I am beginning to see some results :D

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:21 pm

Stayed on my eating plan, drank all my water and got 12,667 steps in, but my weight bounced up 1.5 lbs. That’s why I don’t like to weigh every day, but before I started this time to weigh myself daily, I prepared myself for this.

I’m looking at this as a science experiment and looking for patters as I do my daily tracking.

I have a goal in mind for my first week and I am anxious to see if I can make it.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:46 am

Yesterday was a planned cheat day do to the supper bowl so I didn’t weigh this morning. Not much of a cheat as all I had was 2 1/2 cups of butter popcorn and some blue cheese dressing on my salad along with some blue cheese crumbs but I know it’s enough to throw my weight off.

I did drink 80 ozs of water and got in more than 10k steps. Happy about that.

Return to “Healthy Habits”