Health and Fitness, June 2021

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, June 2021

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:40 pm

Yesterday I got in 10440 steps.

When I decided to just count calories and eat foods I Haven eaten in a while, I also decided to allow myself what some people call a cheat day… that means eating the same amount of calories but to eat some things that I know might effect my weight

So yesterday I made tacos using an 80 calorie flour tortilla. I weighed and measured everything except shredded lettuce. I also gave myself grace not to weigh myself this morning as I know from past experience if I don’t like what I see on my scale it makes it more difficult to stay motivated.

I can tell this way is working because my clothes are fitting different and my bra is feeling much better.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:05 am

My weight took a bounce up yesterday… I followed my food plan and got on over 13k steps. Think it has to do that I reintroduced my Zoloft, even though I cut the dosage in half.

Took Melotonin last night and that seemed to help with my sleeping.

I’ve amazed myself at how well I’ve stayed on my eating plan with no cheating. Think the increase of protein at dinner time has helped with my after dinner cravings. Will keep paying attention to that.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:37 pm

I have passed menopause a decade ago, but I can still observe the rhythm of hormones affecting my weight each month. It can be a source of frustration even though I have hard evidence with capturing many details about the macros eaten/drank, steps taken, etc. Now I try to look at the numbers without emotions and just observe what they can teach me.

I understand why they say not to weigh every day because it can be a kick-in-the-motivation when it doesn't make sense. When I gain 2 lbs while eating less than 1200 calories and walking more than 4 miles a day, there is something causing that gain that has nothing to do with eating & moving enough. When I react to the 2 lb gain as a researcher capturing data, then I'm more able to deal with it.

For me, it works best to weigh every day. When I stop weighing daily then I start negotiation with myself when (if) I will weigh next. I am the queen of procrastination and negotiation! However, I try not to look at the daily numbers but to watch the weekly and monthly numbers. They give me better information that I need to know what is or isn't working and an idea of how & what to adjust.

I have found that the weekly numbers also can be misleading. When I average the past 7 days of weigh-ins they can tell a different story than subtracting 7 days weight from today's. Today when I average the weekly weigh-in and compare it to last week there is only a half pound difference. But when I look at what I weighed last Sunday and compare it to today that shows 2.2 lb lost. Some weeks the real weight comparison is more and some weeks the average is bigger. This is where I go back to putting myself in researcher mode. OR I just tell myself to not get into-the-weeds about it and just be happy the weight is coming off.

I get bored easily so try to change things up to keep me motivated. I've been observing people having good success with using the X-factor. I decided to give it a try. I used this Habit Board to create a layout then I recreated it in excel. It is such a simple thing, but I do admit there is something inspiring and satisfying to mark each day done.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:43 pm

LadyM… I do something similar to your tracker.

I list the days as
1 m 140
2 tu 139.9 .10
3 w 139.5 . 40

And so on, but now I’m thinking about doing it sideways
M T W Th…
M T W Th..

With the same info to see if on certain days … like say every Wed.. my weight goes up.

I also graph my weight on graph paper.

Pounds going down and dates across

I only have less that a weeks worth of data so I’m interested to see if there are any trends . I also add in daily migraines and meds taken plus when I started and ended my Zoloft

Years ago I daily charged information about my migraines. Food, weather, temps, humidity, barometer, dates, time when the migraine started, and time of the year… spring,summer, winter, fall.

Only trigger/patterns I could find was times of the years…March- June and Sept-Dec. it was when I decided to start tracking my sleep that I found it was also a trigger… hence the Zoloft.

Course after I started taking Zoloft my serotonins picked up. And if I quite the drug within a month or two my serotonins would drop and my migraines came back. So now that I quite the Zoloft because it seems to keep my weight on, I’m curious to see how it will effect my migraines. I’m hoping the melatonin will help with my sleep which should help my migraine

I also have noticed the less I weigh the few headaches I have which is the other thing that is motivation me. Some people think that sugar can contribute to migraines, but I Haven’t had any processed sugar of any kind in a long time.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:22 am

Happy day!!! Back down under my first major goal weight. I drank 80ozs of water yesterday prepping for today’s heat and working with the horses. Also no Zoloft.

Now I’m eyeing my next goal :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:35 am

yay d rose!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:24 am

Monday night I ate real sugar! On strawberries with a dab of sour cream. Gave to my cravings after getting 12k+ steps. Plus it was 110* so think that may have something to do with it.

Yesterday I just ate eggs and a flour low carb tortilla

So I went 10 days before I broke and gave into my cravings. New start today … let’s see how long I can go this time :D

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:39 pm

I blew my eating plan last night, and part of the day. Worked hard with horses and was very hungry after I ate my lunch and between breaks so ate a energy bar. Came home too tired and hungry to cook, and ate a big bowl of cereal.

I need to think about a better way to handle this… I need to add more protein
to my lunch for sure and cook something I like on the day before dinners so I have left overs handy

I did get n over 12k steps and help load and unload 15 bales of hay and hauled 6 of them on a wagon down towards the valley. That also means I had to help distribute those bales while dealing with the wilds who thought I was their own personal food truck :D

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:51 pm

Today I ate out three times. I ate at a nice restaurant and 2 fast food places. If I looked at just today I would be frustrated. However, I started the day being 320 calories under for this week (averaging the past 7 days). I ended today being 891 calories OVER for the week. I am confident that I can eat less over the next couple of days to make up for the excess calories I consumed today. It will average out.

The scales will probably take a big bump tomorrow morning but I am watching the weekly and monthly average. It smooths the bumps out.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:06 am

I just wanted to say....It's not over until I win! I'm in a battle with my body fat and I'm determined to win!

It is so slow going right now. I'm doing all the right things and staying on track 99% of the time. The scales are going down 2 tenths at a time. It is frustratingly slow.

I can't take my calories any lower. I tried dropping them below 1200 but I lose energy and can't do what I need to do.
I'm consistently getting my daily steps in.
So now I just need a big dose of patience and perseverance.

A turtle could zoom right past me but I'm not giving up.

One-tenth of a pound at a time is still a success.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Healthy Habits”