Health and Fitness, July 2021

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness, July 2021

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:51 pm

Twins - Thanks for the feedback and encouraging words.

I've decided to set a goal to continue recording everything I eat through the end of August. I find being honest with myself is helpful. I would rather know the truth about my struggles than let my thoughts make decisions without knowing the facts.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness, July 2021

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:56 pm

I have been encouraged and my motivation renewed by reading how Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) lost 40+ pounds this year.

My effort to lose weight is very similar but she has had MUCH MORE success than I have.

At first, I thought - she has it easier because there is about a 15-year difference in our age but I don't think that is the entire reason.

She exercises more than I do. I took a 10-day break from meeting my daily walking goal and my weight loss has stalled in the last 10 days. Could that just be a coincidence? Nah. I suspect it is more like proof of how important it is to move my body.

I have been paying attention to grams of protein instead of % of protein for the calories I'm eating. I have adjusted my spreadsheet to also show me the protein %. I'm going to give that a try and see if it makes a difference.

I am mulling over the switch to the standing desk....aka stop sitting down so much. I enjoy sitting down in a recliner with my feet up and don't want to give that up entirely. Having a better ratio of standing vs sitting time would probably be a good adjustment for me to work toward.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Healthy Habits”