Health and Fitness August, 2021

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness August, 2021

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:20 pm

As homemakers, when we take care of ourselves, we increase the strength, stamina, resistance and optimism we have to enjoy life and to be nurturing to others, whether in our homes, extended families or community.

Welcome to our thread about benefiting health and fitness! We are challenging ourselves to greater well-being and encouraging well-being in our family members. Each of us is learning - recognizing needs and finding personal balance.

Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness August, 2021

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:52 am

LadyM…

I read the Pioneer Woman link and am doing much of what she suggested. I’ve cut my sugar to 5 grams a day and am allowing myself some bread for my morning breakfast. Can’t do upped body weights at the moment due to my ribs, and getting in my steps will be difficult till I get my tv in my office so I can use my gazelle. If still way too hot in the mornings for me to walk outside. However I am doing to swim a bit each day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:15 pm

I’ve set up my notebook last night. I am tracking everything including cholesterol. I’m trying to stay under 200 points each day. That was the recommendation in the past, but according to what I’ve been reading this no longer is true. Figure it won’t hurt to use this as a guild.

I’ve increased my vitamin D3 to 10k and somehow need to spend some time uncovered for 20 minutes each day. Hard to do when the temps are 113* like today. I usually wear sunscreen or long sleeved sun shirt which prevents my body to absorb the vitamin D from the sun.

Today when I visit the horses I’ll go sleeveless since I’m only visiting there and not working. I also need to figure out how to increase my physical activity. Once my new tv arrives and is set up that should help the problem. I can exercise just can’t do anything that involves my upper body.

I feel fine for the most part, but if I have a sneezing fit, I’m reminded I have a ways to go.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:13 pm

I set up another page in my notebook so that I can chart all my daily totals. I"m old school so its just a piece of notebook paper with 8 columns drawn on it. I set it up so I can enter the date, weight, protein, carbs, sugar, fat, calories and cholesterol.

Using the 200 point for daily cholesterol, I been under it for the last two days. Bought some egg whites for my breakfast, there's 186 points in one egg, though I must admit I am really enjoying eating my oatmeal in the mornings. Bought another type of hot cereal and it contains all sorts of brands including flax seed. I'm interested in seeing how it tastes in the morning. And I only had 3.5 grams of sugar today. That's a first!

I bought some low carb bread the other day, but it tasted so awful that I threw it away. No way could I choke it down.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:13 am

Well, my weight is down again!

I stayed on my eating plan and completed my daily charts last night. Every little bite is being recorded. The challenge for today is to make cookies for Sweetie without sampling them as I do it. Chew gum should help.

I can’t decide if I want to weigh every day or every other day. Right now I’m doing every other day which seems to be working well. What I really need to do is drink more water and get in more steps. Way to hot for me to walk outside at the moment but once I get my tv that should help.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:04 pm

I can't give myself options on weighing myself or I will stop doing it.

I really REALLY did not want to get on the scales this morning. Yesterday I had 5 pieces of pizza and birthday cake. This morning I mentally argued with myself that I ought to not weigh because it was going up to be bad news. However, when I don't weigh then there is a blank spot on my chart. That is my punishment/consequence if I don't weigh. I don't like having to look at the blank spot! LOL Guess what? I took a deep breath and got on the scales this morning...... only to see them drop .8 lbs from yesterday! Weight doesn't make sense day-to-day. I have to look at it week-to-week or month-to-month.

I get frustrated with my super slow weight loss. However, when I compare today's weight to the same date last month then I get a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction of the effort is worth it, I need this feel-good feedback so I look almost daily what I weighed last month, 2 months ago, 3 months ago, etc.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:45 pm

I weigh every day. I've noticed a day when I know I ate too much shows up in 2 days. But I also track Bathroom "successes" just an initial on those days... and notice that has a bearing on weight levels too. I have been taking a pro biotic every day and those seem to help. The sauerkraut we've been eating seems to keep everything moving along. Fermented foods are considered pro-biotic also. Still, my progress is painfully slow and it's very hard to stay motivated. Another thing I've noticed is days that I can't seem to get enough to eat, feeling hungry all the time, usually are followed by a weight loss. I think it is my body trying to get food instead of losing weight.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:03 am

I am continuing my walking efforts, and will meet my 56K step goal (8K daily) this week. I'll increase to 60K, approximately 8500 steps daily, for week starting daily. I am continuing to try to eat well. Compared to what I ate several years ago, when I frequented the fast food windows, I eat so much better already.

I'm not losing weight, but am staying within a two lb range. I am going to continue what I'm doing.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:31 am

Still working on my plan but I did eat three cookies last night. Got to figure out what works when I get a sweet attack. Think I’ll buy some more 85% coca made with stevia if I can find it. That should help.

Was able to get some time on my gazelle yesterday since I was able to get my TV set up… goal is 10k steps so will work towards it.

I like weighing every other day so I don’t fuss over a jump up on my weight that I sometimes see when I weigh daily. It’s a mental thing I know but this way I don’t fell like I’m obsessing over my weight.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:24 pm

I have decided to do low carbs again. Judging by my past history, too many carbs can make me crave sugar so I’m going to give this way of eating a try. Last time I did this I lost 20lbs in 3 months and stuck with it until my hiatal hernia showed up and then every thing went to hell in a hand basket.

I’m so over all of this an just want to get back to where I was two years ago.

Return to “Healthy Habits”