Health and Fitness October, 2021

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness October, 2021

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:21 pm

Welcome! Please come in and chat with us here about gaining and maintaining good health, strength and stamina. First, because we are worth it! And also because it prepares us every day to meet the challenges of our wonderful calling, homemaking.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Health and Fitness October, 2021

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:03 pm

Homemaking is a wonderful calling, isn't it! It's the root of all things for the members of our families from the time they're born. Thank you for that.

I've been working very hard to keep my BSugar in range and seem to be doing okay with that. My A1C yesterday was 6.2. Know it'll probably go up some since my medicine was reduced a month ago, but my Dr doesn't expect it to go up by much. I do know my dietician at Cardiac Rehab cautioned me on watching my #'s because as my weight goes down, my blood sugar may go right along with it. I did hit my lowest point yet on our scales this morning. This even after going out for dinner last night. Hoping that trend continues. (157.2) Think I started this part of my journey about a month ago at around 164. So at least that's making me happy.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:01 pm

That is wonderful, Dee!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:58 pm

Oh, Dee, there's that number 164! That was the number I was stuck at for years and years unless I did a big diet and one year I did get down another 12 pounds. For some reason I inched up from that and couldn't get back down. I've been a year getting the scale to move the right direction. I'm finally going back down a bit.

The trick has been to force myself to start tracking again. I absolutely hate doing that. I can't tell how many days I started out tracking and gave up by mid-day. A few days I started again and I'm doing ok so far. It really does help. I look at the calorie number inching up and up and it motivates me to stop putting stuff into my mouth and make better choices. Already I'm 3 lbs. less and I haven't been able to do this in a very long time.

Dee, you are really doing great! I'm happy for you. My cholesterol numbers were inching up too, so there's a lot of reasons I simply must do this.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:30 pm

As I do my decluttering I’ve come to the conclusion I can either donate what doesn’t fit or loose a few pounds and then they would fix. So decided to do the healthiest thing to do.

I’ve been very careful of what I’m eating and getting in 10k+ steps a day. Changing some other habits as well. If they fit come the final time to pack I will donate so we shall see.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 am

Stayed on eating plan and got in 8K steps yesterday. Slight move on the scale it’s a start :D

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:47 am

Stayed on my eating plan, drank all my water and got in over 12K steps. Scale is very slowly going down. Keeping focused on the goal, one day, one step at a time.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:50 am

WTG, RR! As might be expected my eating plan has been all over the place and scale reflects that.

I'm even not wanting to walk these days. I told myself I'd go for 30 min and that was all I had to do, so I did that.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:55 am

Scale is very slowly going down. Keeping focused on the goal, one day, one step at a time.
That's my motto these days too, RR. Got my steps back up where I want them. I'm waiting for dh to come next week to try to readjust my "Free-step". Can't seem to loosen it. Have a feeling dsonil might just possibly have something hooked up wrong. He did have the arms on the wrong side -they kept hitting me in the chest (and dd too). Finally asked if he thought perhaps they might be on the wrong side -didn't think so, but WALLAH! I'd hate to even think about sending it back. We'll get it. I know I will use it once we get it working right.

Hit another 'low point' on the scale this morning. So happy to see that. Trying not to get too excited and just keep keeping on.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:45 pm

Happy to read about successes, big and small, specific and general/attitude!

Dee, that is "follow through", which you are doing well. Same pace even with a success under your belt.

Really "felt" my shoulder in exercise yesterday (oops :? ) so am taking a day off, although I awakened this morning without feeling any reminder of it. Just not taking any chances. This happened on what t-tapp calls "jumping jacks", which is not as jerky a movement as the classic ones we think of, but does still really swing those arms. If anything, what bothered me today was neck, but, yes, on that left side that had the injury. So I'll be careful.
... start tracking again. ... It really does help.

I need to get back into this groove. With our move and my change to a new computer it's been hard to decide to get back in to record keeping.

Delish fresh collard and kale greens here recently. I just steam and then toss with a little balsamic vinegar and they are so good.

Return to “Healthy Habits”