Health and Fitness February, 2022

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness February, 2022

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:27 am

Here we are in February (Heart Month in US) already! February 4th, Friday, will be US Wear Red Day, to remind about caring for our hearts.

Stuff that's new In Heart Month Guidelines this year:

* Guidelines now include, for the first time, "getting quality sleep each night". This has direct physical benefit of course, and also benefits emotional health so that we are less stressed, which is good for the heart.

* "Avoiding smoking" has changed this year to "avoiding smoking and vaping".

* There's a new emphasis on learning that cardiovascular disease is a major reason for pregnancy related deaths. Well, I did not know that. I guess I've always assumed that the youth of being able to become pregnant equaled a youth that meant no heart concerns, but that's not the case.

The reminders of all the other good advice are constant:
nutritious meal choices/healthy diet and weight,
regular physical activity,
managing stress,
moderating alcohol consumption.

Under "managing stress", emotional health always includes having ❤️ community ❤️ , so thanks, guys, for spreading heart health around all year long!

Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness February, 2022

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:11 pm

Well now that I finally have a new stove I can start concentrating on eating healthy.

I’m doing to do 1200 calories and eat three meals a day. My master bedroom has enough room for me to do my exercise programs including “walking at home with Leslie” she has a great FB page and many of her videos can be found on YouTube for free.

Need to sit down and start planning out my weekly eating meals and exercise program. However it’s not going to happen till my stomach settles down.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:55 am

I am going to try again - thank you for this post d harriet
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:39 am

I am trying to work with half size me. please say a prayer that I get myself walking regular and be able to get my abilities better.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:57 am

Cheering & praying for you Blessed!

I haven't heard to the Half Size Me program, so I looked it up.
So, what makes the Half Size Me approach so special?

In a word, Freedom.

Freedom to choose your own structured approach to fat loss.

Freedom to use tools like webinars, video, and audio supplements to help you in your efforts.

Freedom to be scared and have setbacks in your weight loss journey, but also the freedom to adapt to and overcome those setbacks.

That is what I am doing by tweaking what works (and doesn't work) for me. There is a part of me that wishes it could be an easy path to success by having one set of rules that works for everyone. I've tried dozens of diets with rules set by others but none of them have stuck. I am cheering for your success in doing what works best for you!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:53 pm

I got a little atta-girl reply from Dr. today when I mentioned that I'd been trying and lost some weight. She actually looked up the chart to see what I lost. Then she said, "it isn't easy, is it?" So, a little acknowledgement of the progress made.

As far as following somebody's diet plan etc., I've never found any solution that lasted. And no doctor ever gave me a solution either. Doctor before this one said she didn't believe in diets. Well that was helpful, not! This Dr. said she liked Keto. Next time I was there she was addressing cholesterol and she said my diet should be mostly plant-based. Okaaaay..so which is it? This time I just cut out some higher calorie stuff and basically ate the same. And I was motivated.

Today I was told my bone density test showed that my calcium and strontium supplements are working. My spine is now osteopenia instead of osteoporosis. 1 Step in the right direction. My hips are the same as before, so at least not getting worse. So, I'm to keep that up and hope it keeps improving. That's the best news I've had about my bones in 20 years.

In case anybody wants to try this, the calcium and strontium have to be taken many hours apart, they don't play nice with each other. And if someone is taking calcium and D3, do take K2 along with them so the calcium makes your bones hard and not your arteries. I had to ferret out most of this information for myself and ask a lot of questions at the Dr. office. I wish they'd explain stuff better and not just focus on medicines. Course, I'm not a doctor, best to get permission before trying things.

Now if I could just figure out my hair... can't get a dermatologist apt. for 4 months and I could be bald by then. :roll:

Return to “Healthy Habits”