Health and Fitness, March 2022

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, March 2022

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:04 am

Thanks LadyM… I lost yesterday due to a migraine and most likely the same will happen today due to recovery mode.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:42 am

Day #1 = I tried.

I had success in eating plan.
I didn't have success with exercise & number of steps.

The scale had a 2 lb drop this morning. I know it is just water weight, but it was still a welcomed sight and gave me some atta-boy feedback.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:17 am

WTG LadyM!!!

I didn’t get all my steps in either yesterday. For some reason I was very tired. I took a morning nap… unheard of for me and went to bed early. I was watching a show and feel asleep before 8:30.

Switching up some of my eating because I find myself wanting fruit so will switch to my 1200 calorie plan. That will allow me to eat a small amount of fruit… FL strawberries are in season…so that’s my morning treat for a while/

Need to work on drinking more water. That is key for me, so drinking more water is a must

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:40 pm

I've meant to come here daily to post but haven't managed to establish that habit. Posting here makes me stop, look and analyze what I'm doing and if it is working. Then the tweaking of effort can happen with small adjustments.

I am pleased that I am remaining aware and trying every day to make decent food choices. I give myself a grade of B+ for those decisions. Most of the time I eat healthy & with a correct portion size but there are times that I just want potato chips! Wednesday night after keeping the seven toddlers and babies for 2 hours, I had a second bag of potato chips. I was still under 1200 calories goal for the day but 320 of those calories were potato chips! It wasn't a good decision physically, but it brought me pleasure so I'm okay with it occasionally happening.

My physical activity has its successes and failures. I am averaging 77 minutes a day of non-stop exercise (raised heart rate) which is above my goal (54 minutes a day). However, my step count is dismal. I am averaging more steps than I dd last month, so I am trying to remain positive about my slow progress and just keep on keeping on.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:21 pm

Yesterday was not a successful day of health and fitness.

REminding myself that I am not seeking perfection. Today is another day.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:09 pm

Definite strawberries recommendation here, too, Ramblin'!

Ya'll are doing so well and I think especially well when the results are not obvious. Anyone can get excited and keep something up when it's obviously working at the time. It's how encouraging to ourselves we are, even when things aren't easy, that predicts our consistency.

Wednesday I had a wake-up call of terrible reaction to just eating what the grandboys were eating for their lunch-without-Mom plan. I knew better. I knew I could dart home for something different, but we were really a busy household and theirs smelled good!

Once upon a time there was a singer/comedian who started a frozen food company, mostly fats. Anyway, the company now offers sandwiches for the freezer already in portions and they smell so good. So, I had 2 egg and (thick) cheese "croissants" with the boys, putting the sausage patties back in the freezer in a baggie in case their household wanted it for a breakfast sometime. System... ..shocked. :shock:

Honestly, I was NOT RIGHT for the rest of the day. That evening, I was so hurt and sick with what turned out to be the worst
heartburn I've ever experienced. I'm sure the trigger was the supper I had that included spiciness, but the ammunition was the lunch "croissants" (which weighed so much from shortening they shouldn't really be named for a flaky pastry).

So, since then I've been back to fruit breakfast and a couple other minimal meals per day, well thought out. I am MUCH better.

Ddil sent word that there is an Amy's frozen veggie pot pie in her freezer, lol. (I'm taking care of her kids tonight.) When I was feeling weak after the first (?) Covid shot, she sent me an Amy's veggie pot pie and I couldn't thank her enough. She had heard about enough "weakness" reactions that she knew I'd be craving an appetizing aroma, but light, and that I couldn't face dishes. Ever since then, "I've got some Amy's" has been a joke with us.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:19 am

Harriet… glad you’re feeling better.

Friday I stayed on my eating plan and for over 10.5k steps. Yesterday did the same and got 4 miles in. I have several walking with Leslie on you tube video I want to try for free. One is 5 miles in 1 hour and 11 minutes long.

Want to try to do it today. It would be faster than spending time on my gazelle. Sweetie and I have been walking most night so I’m getting a mile with that.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:18 am

"I've got some Amy's"

Love this!

RR - YGG!

I'm pleased that I tried the last couple of days.

Saturday was DH birthday celebration meal & cake so I knew it would be a lot of food. I choose to do OMAD on Saturday and it worked well for me.

Sunday I didn't feel well so I only ate when hungry. I cooked for the family, but I didn't eat any of it. I did use collagen powder and protein powder in a couple drinks to keep my blood sugar from crashing. I haven't had a blood sugar crash in a long time, but I remain vigilant and hopefully will never experience one again.

I am trying to not tie myself to eating just one way. I do track my food & drinks in google calendar, so I remain aware of when & what I am consuming. My weight is headed in the right direction so I will continue with this effort.

My # of steps remain dismal. I really need to get a good routine for that. I continue to exceed number of minutes of exercise but that doesn't solve my low steps.
1. Know what you want.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:50 am

Well hopefully the scales will start moving soon.

LadyM… I am counting calories again as I find I crave fruits and bread. So it’s back to wasa crackers, which I love and all the fruits that are available during the spring.

Yesterday I did a three mile with weights video which I really enjoyed. Made my 10k steps as well. Today I’m going to do a barre video which I haven’t done before as well as a 20 minute ab workout.

Both can be done without shoes which is a plus since I stubbed my middle toe this morning

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:52 am

Had a good day yesterday and the scale finally moved! My exercise plans got scrambled. I wanted to do some floor videos but I couldn’t carve out the time to do it and then shower.

I did get 12522 steps in so am pleased with that.

Return to “Healthy Habits”