Health and Fitness April, 2022

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness April, 2022

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:58 pm

Welcome! This is a thread about gaining and maintaining strength for our wonderful calling, Homemaking. As we care for our own health, we grow more capable and competent to care for our families, our neighbors and our communities. As we become more effective, our hopes for ourselves and those we care about get the best chance!

We are at the quarter-mark of 2022. (No, really, I double-checked. Amazing, isn't it?)

Were there year or month goals you set and would like to revisit?

What are the plans you have for the rest of 2022?

Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness April, 2022

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:54 pm

Knowing I would have a heavy meal yesterday at family party, I made a point to have a smoothie for breakfast. Having run out of banana, I remembered that silken tofu gives a similar texture and a lot of smoothie recipes mention it. Just 3=4 tbls of that was a good sub for half a banana. I had 3 leafy greens plus broccoli sprouts, and 5 fruits because of frozen ones too, so, yay variety. Now I know that I forgot the beet powder but I sure wasn't given a clue by the color in the glass as I sipped. Blueberry color just takes over to make everything purple, even over beet red.

Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness April, 2022

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:10 am

Gardening is my exercise very often this month. My thighs are feeling it sometimes. A good thing.

This is a funny time of year when it's cold - no, it's warm - no it's cold. One day I will crave warm oatmeal and fruit for comfort, the next I'll want a smoothie that's cool and colorful. Mangos are still not back in the stores here, at least not nice looking ones. When they return, I must buy extra because dd42's youngest just adores them.

When I go to dd42's for long days, I know I'll have no time for thinking much less cooking, so I take a frozen meal for my lunch that is hopefully a nourishing one. I have found (at WMart even - not fancy stores) that two that are newly in competition with each other are Purple Carrot brand and Fat Rabbit brand. I like the "elote bowl" from PC and the "harvest hooligan" from FR because each of those has so much variety in one meal, but the other names are good, too. Can't recommend those two to those of us who would rather not have seeds in a meal, like pumpkin seed.

Return to “Healthy Habits”