Health and Fitness, June 2009

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, June 2009

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:45 am

Here's the place to post about all the plans and activities that will enhance our own well-being!

With this month, we approach the half-way point of the 2009 year, and there may be resolutions and hopes to reassess, or maybe applause to hear! Please remember that when you have successes you could report, they would be so inspiring to your friends here. If you haven't stayed directly on track, don't fall prey to "all or nothing thinking", but give yourself a clean slate again and keep right on with your plans.

We hope to be your partner in healthy habits and your cheerleading section!

lucylee

Re: Health and Fitness, June 2009

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:59 am

Hmmm... I NEED a clean slate, Harriet.

Jan. 5 -- 160
Feb. 2 -- 159.5
Mar. 2 -- 156
April 6 -- 155
May 1 -- 156
June 1 -- 156.5

Too much candy in the house... too much cereal addiction... too little exercise.
This ISN'T rocket science, is it? I KNOW what to do. :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:41 am

hi lucy, hi harriet. I am going to try to loose weight again. I find that everytime I get on a roll (now I have lots ;) ) I let things throw me off and I gain even more back. so I am going to try to declutter my body that holds me back from the fun.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:22 am

#127 holding my own.

Does any one know what an anti-inflamatory diet is?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:47 pm

Don't know what an anti-inflammatory diet would be, Nancy. Did you try googling it?

Have managed to do WW journal now for three days. Hopefully it won't be so hard now that I'm going again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:42 am

Eating a fruit breakfast with you guys!

Meant to say to Cowinkie all best wishes in your plans this summer. (her post was at the end of last month)

My goal was to lose 8 pounds, 2 per month, from Feb through May to goal date of June 1. I lost each 2 in the first three months. I lost 1.5 for May easily while my mom was in hospital. But I have to come in and report that with only .5 to go I started going backward with my mom home from hospital and so much stress, so regained that 1.5 and still need to lose 2. I know these are little bits/numbers, but if don't nip this particular slide in the bud I can see that it will turn into an emotion-based trend.

Probably stress eating mixed with a little bit of the blues. There would be times I would come home so hungry, too. It would take a long time to get away from their house, and I wouldn't eat there because I was holding out to eat the right things, but when I finally got home I was too hungry and ate for comfort instead. I'm going to buckle down until I see that full 8 pounds gone on the scale, though.

Ds24's reception is Sat evening and I haven't been able to use that as a "calendar goal" like I normally would. I just dream of being able to T-Tapp as much I need to. Maybe I can start building up a little more time at it before then. I've been spending so much time with my parents and I "see" my own body in the future, you know? I realize exercise is the way to stave off the stooped shoulders my mom has.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:40 am

Jan. 5 -- 160
Feb. 2 -- 159.5
Mar. 2 -- 156
April 6 -- 155
May 1 -- 156
June 1 -- 156.5
June 22 -- 152

Guess there's a bright spot to everything, huh?
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:13 pm

lucylee, was that this a.m.'s weight? Stick with non-sodium foods and drink lots of water today and you'll hold that trend. As Tony the Tiger says, Grrrreatt!

Speaking of non-sodium, I had cantalope for breakfast today - are they good this time of year or WHAT? And a (purchased) soy shake for brunch to take my supplements with - EAS Advantage brand which is quite good and low-sodium, low cal. Have had 2 pints water so far, definitely putting ice in these days. Have half of a big 7-layer Salad For One leftover to have with lunch.

Compliment alert - dnephew was super complimentary of how I looked, asked "What ARE you DOING?" when he saw me at the reception.

That's due to: thinking posture, posture posture during the reception;
T-Tapp being a very forgiving exercise to do;
clothes that fit sensibly rather than hanging too loosely.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

LurkyLou

Postby LurkyLou » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:06 pm

I've joined a gym and have made it to two spinning classes (in 2 days!) already. I've been tracking my eating on thedailyplate and that really helps too. I really like the spinning class (except for my tush :roll: ) but am looking forward to "just" weights and cardio tomorrow--just to do something different. My goal is to have a normal body fat percentage by next spring--in time to go to Italy:)

Return to “Healthy Habits”