Health and Fitness, October 2022

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness, October 2022

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:16 am

Reviewing the first week of this way of eating. I was experimenting with it before this week but this is the first week I tracked it.
Overall I like it. It feels freeing to be able to eat at social events and still lose weight. This week I had 10 meals eating with others.
1. Misc snacks with nursery kids
2. BBQ pork, mac & cheese with family
3. Red Lobster steak & shrimp with DD11
4. Chili cook-off contest with friends
5. Chicken Alfredo, homemade hot rolls, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin roll (dizzy bridge dinner with friends)
6. Nachos - tortilla chips & cheese dip
7. Chicken Nuggets with DS14
8. Smoked sausage, beans and cornbread with family
9. Fried Mozzarella cheese sticks and cheesy fries with DS14
10. Cheesy Chicken Alfredo with family

I had late night binges on the first 2 days of changing my eating style . These binges made my daily calories exceed my daily goal. I modified my eating times and that stopped the night binging.

My averages for the past 7 days are
1138 calories
106g protein (37%)
65g Net carbs (26%)
46g fat (36%)
My weight has dropped 3.7lbs this week which I find astonishing considering the ten social meals and two binges, I don't really consider the first week as being a legit way of seeing if this works for my body because there always seems to be a big drop in weight when first starting. I am more interested in how the future weeks play out.

I have been tracking, learning, and modifying my mini meals as the days go by. Some of the mini-meals that I considered to be good at the beginning have been proven to not be the best when comparing macros and micronutrients to other mini-meals. Keeping a priority list of quality mini meals is helpful in deciding what to eat.

I have one of the extra refrigerators half filled with candy for trunk & treat I found them at a good price online so purchased them a couple weeks ago and they have just been sitting there untouched. There are over 600 mini chocolate bars and another 800 pieces of various types of candy. Thankfully, store bought candies aren't a temptation for me.

Onward to week #2 of experimenting with eating 6 times a day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:53 am

LadyM..hurry, you’re doing great!

Today I put on my Jean shorts that just came out of the drier and they fix better. I won’t remeasure till Wed.

I love not getting on the scales each morning because I didn’t realize how much it messed with my head if I didn’t see any positive results. I trust this eating process because I’ve lost weight doing this before, so it makes it easy for me to stay focused.

I did not eat a single piece of candy last night and politely refused all the adult goodies I was offered. Victory for me!

I also drank 60 ozs of water and got in 4 miles of walking. I was so busy around the house yesterday I forgot to eat…that’s because I wasn’t hungry. I got home after 7 last night and are a small portion of baked Ziti I made for Sweetie. I knew I was tired and ended up going to bed at 8:30.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:55 pm

I am ignoring my bs during the day so I can not correct and drive it too low.
I needed a breather.
Walk & mowed & shopped for my exercise.
I have more energy today yea!

Skipping snack tonight less p m Rx so this should work.
Muscles are better but a diff. side effect cropped up this afternoon or was something I ate not sure oh well.
Hydration worked.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:07 am

Well yesterday was interesting. I worked outside and managed to get almost 5K steps in.

I’ve started watching Games of Thrones and I’m hooked so my new rule is I have to be on my glider in order to watch it. Went through 3 episodes and then after dinner walked our two miles.

My results were I walked 22K + steps and over 9.5 miles :shock: The good news is I’m only on Season 2 :lol:

This morning the rings on both of my hands are loose.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:27 pm

Trying to do better today.
Got a walk in.
healthy snacks egg & salsa.
Down in the dumps bc of this date on calendar my least fav. one.

Return to “Healthy Habits”