Health and Fitness, October 2022

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, October 2022

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:32 am

Yesterday was a bust for me except with my eating. No exercise and don’t get in much of my water. Three days without much sleep did me in. I didn’t go to my exercise class either

Not gonna worry cause life happens… am back at it again today :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:49 am

I'm continuing my quest to find what combinations works best for my body.

What I am currently doing -
** 5 mini meals with 1 larger meal. The 5 mini meals are each around 100 calories and 10-15g protein. I eat a minimum of three vegetables a day.
** Drinking over 100oz of liquid a day. Most of this liquid is unsweet tea and coffee.
** 7k steps a day minimum.
** 7.5 hrs of sleep (averaging)

If I eat over 1200 calories, I will gain weight. That is a proven fact. On days that have social meals I use my one larger meal for the social event. I can usually stay around 1200 calories on those days, so I maintain my weight.

On days that I don't have social meals my main meal is less calories so I can lose weight on those days. I know EVERYONE says not to go under 1200 calories, but it is a necessity for me if I want to lose weight. I am putting a lot of effort into making sure my calories are packed with micronutrients. Making sure I get plenty of protein on a regular basis (every 2-3 hours) has been key for me to not get hangry. (angry from hunger)

Examples of my mini meals -
Fairlife chocolate shake170g (1/2 bottle), cooked squash 200g
Coffee, Collagen, Greek Yogurt 120g
Pulled Pork 60g, cabbage 100g
Xtreme Tortilla, laughing cow light cheese, turkey slices 36g (3 slices)
Asparagus 200g, Shrimp 60g
BBQ pork skins
Cheerios & Light Mozzarella Stick
HB egg, cooked squash 200g
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:29 am

LM ~ I used to eat like 6 times a day it worked for me till I got diab. but it does not work with having to take insulin.
Did 15 on stat bike this morning.
I am down in the dumps b/c I failed yesterday & my # was up this morning.
Had some low carb. juice & sf soda mostly for hydration and a bit of a treat.
BS is better that is good still fighting a "mood" however.

Walked around the block helped.
They called and will do gutter covers install helped my mood, especially that they took 2 long pieces of old gutter away, I can get the smaller shorter
ones out in the trash yea!
After that I walked nearly my normal walk that helped too.
Feeling more normal this evening after dinner dd called.
But some stiff achy-ness in my legs,could still be side effect from vaccines or ?
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:08 pm

LadyM… I cut out all coffee and tea with the exception of 2 cups of decaf coffee in the morning. Caffeine can mess with weight loss. I only drink water now. Plus I only use a bit of stevia in my coffee because it’s plant base and no other artificial sweeteners

Pork skins were deadly for me because of the salt

I am back to following Jorge Cruise The 100 eating plan. I lost over 20 lbs in three months the last time I did it. He doesn’t count calories but sugar and I must admit when I first tried it I was skeptical because his daily calorie count hovers around 1400.

The book was a fascinating read. What I like about it is you don’t have to buy crazy food and each day tells you what to eat. My sugar cravings/carb cravings are gone and though I said I wouldn’t get on the scale, much to my disbelief I have lost an inch from around my belly, not my waist in just over a week.

Here’s my food for the day

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 spinach, 1/2 graded cheddar cheese plus 2 strips of bacon
Morning snack: 1/4 walnuts
Lunch: 2 cups shredded Rommain lettuce with 2Tablespoons of Ceasar dressing and 5 grilled shrimp plus I T so of Parmesan cheese
**** I use 4 ozs of chicken instead
Afternoon snack: 1 hard boiled egg… I dip it in mustard
Dinner: 1grilled flank steak, two cups of spinach with 5 cherry tomatoes and oil/red wine vinegar dressing
*** I substitute a 4 ozs hamberger instead.

I love it because my entire week is planned and I don’t even have to think about. If I am eating out I just try to substitute something simple like chicken, hamburger minus the bun or fish. If all else fails I just order a salad.

I am also finding my after dinner need for something sweet is gone.

If you’re interested you can find his book on Amazon. I have tried his others eating plans but none of them work as good as this one for me. I’ve tried protein shakes and eating plans too many to count and this is the only plan I find that works for me.

I was going to do my diet bet like I did the last time I did this, but it required me to get on the scale and I don’t want to do that this time. I just want my close which by the way I can’t wear to be my guide. I’m in it to win it

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:54 am

ACK! Had a low after dinner I vacuumed, so had to eat carbs.
Took insulin for p m before bed 1/2 what I usually take not enough.
Ear is acting up bs is worse than yesterday day when I did not take any for nite time go figure.
So I when I got up to pee checked it and took a corrective dose of the meal type.

Gave up on categorizing info. on my log I am just writing stuff down for the time when it happens and what I did.
The struggle is real!
Still having side effects of vaccines I think normal for 10 days so nearly at the end of that I hope.

Having black coffee and then I will have some broth that sounds good to me.
Not dead yea! LOL!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:39 am

Nancy… good for you as you try to figure out how to eat this way.

I had a good day yesterday.
* stayed on my eating plan
* walked 5 miles
* drank 80 ozs of water

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:44 pm

"The struggle is real!" - Nancy

(smile)

Pulling for all our posters! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: (tug, tug)

First-meal thinking:

Sitting here with the finish of my smoothie I started making at 12:00 as planned. I drink it slowly.
Have run out of beet again but not going to do anything about it since the powder dd42 gave me has some. I continue to like that as an addition and the containers last forever.
Haven't been able to find sprouts anywhere anymore (I guess the pandemic ended specialties at a lot of groceries) but have enough greens. I used to grow my own but that was when I had so much counter space.
I have bananas that will go to waste, even, so I need to freeze them. I don't freeze whole as some do but cut into slices and freeze flat in a baggie. Then they can be tossed wherever in the freezer and be fine.

Still rotating smoothie with oatmeal/fruit breakfast and tofu/veggies breakfast. First meal of the day is never my problem, lol. It's staying on target the rest of the day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 am

Up at 3;30 w a low so had bfast then.
:idea: exercise is stairs to the laundry room.
Oatmeal is on my radar / maybe having bfast for lunch during the week next week.
Walked ddsog around the block & did time on the stat bike.
Did not buy candy kids do not come here.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:54 am

Happy to report I stayed on my eating plan, exercised with the girls and got in another 5 miles of walking yesterday.

Today will be a tuffy as I will need to get miles in on my gazelle as I am working a tricker truck event and won’t be able to get my two mile nightly walk in.

Plus… I will have 300 pieces of my favorite candies sitting in front of me for over 3 hours. Been tolaking to myself all day how I don’t need that candy and remembering I can never eat just one piece. That will set myself off and before I know it 1 will lead to 10.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:52 pm

I have dollar bills in case children come! That is literally my plan for avoiding candy! lol I have them already arranged in a basket with a paperweight (not scary at all), and I don't think kids will be disappointed, to tell you the truth. I'm hoarding back some nice apples, just in case some child seems at all wishful for more than money - HRH can have them back after the holiday if no one comes.

Return to “Healthy Habits”