Health and Fitness December, 2022

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness December, 2022

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:21 am

Ohmigoodness, December, the month of temptation! :shock: Be calm! We can do this!

Much Sugar, Oils and Salt ( :!: SOS ) will be on the offensive against us this month. We can hold the line. We can resist! ;) We can still have plenty of fun, plus meaningful times!

Through this month we might (might) be considering resolutions and goals for the coming 2023 year. What are your thoughts in that direction? Do you respond well to those?

Through this month we might be assessing how we've done in 2022 as far as healthy ideals or meeting goals, or what we've changed in our methods, record-keeping, or priorities. How are you changing?

Let us know if there are any calendar date goals that you will be meeting this month - maybe you have scooted some number down or up satisfactorily and want to brag, or maybe you are into some clothing that surprises you, or are able to tell how you've increased stamina. We want to know! We want to cheer you on.

Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness December, 2022

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:25 am

Confetti Streaming~¤
♫ .♥.•* ☀¨`*•♫.•´*.¸☀.•´♥
┊ ┊ O┊☀┊ ┊ ┊┊ ☀ه
ه┊ ☀ ┊ ┊ O ♥
☀ ┊┊ ☀ه ¤
ه┊ ☀

Happy for Nancy, who has lost 15 pounds and says that was the weight put on because of grief and the pandemic. Oh, how we can relate and how we can cheer, as well.

The scale is not the only measure of success - not at all. But it is awfully nice to have our success quantified, isn't it? Yay.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:16 pm

I am battling with the last few lbs not wanting to stay off after turkey Thurs. sigh.
Dang pie anyway. LOL!
My steps moving goal are better even with the snow, and I have been meeting my ring of exercise burn 120 - ish cal. daily goals. Wa hoo! That helps.

I raked leaves and walked yesterday.

Need to make soup for today.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:56 pm

Back to the pretty circular charting with colored pens for me. I've decided that it's priority enough to slip the 8x11 sheet of the copied chart into the right-hand top drawer of my desk for fast access all day. Not totally convenient for getting to what's underneath, but much better than chasing a clipboard around.

It falls into the category of something I'm doing, not something I'm trying not to do. That always works best for me. Striving for the colorful check marks that look nice in a circle by the end of the month.

Ya'll will not be surprised I am going to be working on a keep-away plan. ;)

I've made an appt near the end of the month with an integrative medicine Dr. affiliated with the place that handled my outpatient procedure - in fact, they nag patients to do so. And I certainly do want to learn her keep-away plan ideas. Having looked up, again, the smart nutrition advice I'll get (that I know of - I'm sure she has other thoughts), I'm glad that over the years I've already become familiar with eating the most-researched foods that have had positive results :

apple (peels)
mushrooms
flaxseed
broccoli sprouts

The broccoli sprouts went by the wayside with the pandemic and inability to go to the healthy foods store personally. Now I'm growing them myself. I had tried a few years back to grow them horizontally, but it was space consuming and needed lots of attention and just wasn't easy. Now trying again with simpler mason jar method, I seem to do better. I've only ruined one batch. :roll: The rest have been fluffy and fresh. Also, I now know that they are actually helped by freezing (not thawing, though - if you freeze them you need to use them frozen), so that makes it even a little easier to keep some on hand.

Considering adding soy milk and green tea to my days, too, and eating even more collards than I have been, as these are perhaps helpful as well. I already eat tofu, but if I could get used to soy milk instead of almond, that might be better. The studies that have been done on soy were the equivalent of a whole cup of the soybeans themselves a day and that may not be practical. Green tea? Hmmm... .. a taste to acquire? lol

Walking-specific exercise and an even lower weight - these would be good goals for my keep-away plan, too. I'm not within the "normal" BMI even though I don't look overweight, exactly. Looking okay in carefully chosen clothes won't be good enough, or as important as getting factually slimmer. Time to reduce. Skinny isn't right either, of course, but I'll ask for advice.

I don't have to race to perfect. It's a marathon, not a sprint! :)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:08 pm

I have been on a short walk around the block with ddog.
Raked one pile of leaves to their next parking spot.

Got my exercise goal in today yea! I am on a streak 10 days! Yea!
Got the turkey day lbs. off this week yea!

I walked and did stat bike both today.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:03 pm

Wow, today my scale records that I am in the 150's for the first time in a couple years. One Christmas shirt that I was given 2 years ago looks nice on this holiday. :P

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:12 pm

6,233 steps 2.3 mi. done 118 / of 120 calories burned today. it is just past one o'clock.
Two more shirts fit me again now yea!
phone was resting 9 hr and 44 min. I was up and down in the nite not sleeping all of that time.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:20 pm

Hurray for your decimal-system milestone, Harmony! That is cool. 8-) Enjoy the new middle numeral.

Enjoy the "new" clothing, Nancy.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:32 pm

I have been up an hour and did stuff standing at my desk, and cleaning off the other for 520 steps in one hour.
So I am good for a sit down meeting got that covered yea!

Walked ddog.

Wed. shoveled snow off the deck.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:52 am

Cold snap ended snow and ice removal has been my exercise.
Walked inside much to the chagrin of that ddog.
Stat bike and gazelle has been some of my exercise and stairs to the basement part of my routine as well.

Return to “Healthy Habits”