Got in 11K steps
Stayed on my eating plan
Got in all my water
Ate all my protein
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness June, 2023

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:57 pm

RR - I am cheering for your efforts and successes! Keep on Keeping on!

I am keeping my expectations low and hopes high. I'm setting small goals for myself today. I want to walk one round around the garden every hour making sure to fill my lungs with fresh air. I'm not watching the step count but just want to move my body frequently.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:01 pm

Did a shorter walk with ddogo after pulling some grape vines off the deck rail. 20 min. arm work out had me coughing.
Counting some walking as I did errands. On track with my step count for the week so far.
Longest move streak on my circles 196 days 4 till I get a 200 days record!
Walked ddog.
Moved 2 loads of vines to front of the driveway not quite there with steps for the day today but good for the day and above ave. for morning.
Cran. juice in a bit.
I have aic blood work to get in the next 30 days trying to get it done before the 1st. of the mo.
At 9 sh in the a m I have 3/4 ths of my steps in for the day been out with the crew had em prune my roses I could not reach! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:42 pm

Well, ugh. I got the blood work back from when I went on Wednesday a.m. My A1C was 5.7 right at where it becomes pre-diabetes, and several other tests were high. One appears sky-high C Reactive Protein (High Sensitivity) - it's apparently a marker for heart disease.

Looks like I need to implement some clean living and lose weight. And speaking of a recent weight loss - two weeks on vacation, a conference, and out of town wedding blew away half of that.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:06 pm

Wow, ya'll are impressive. :shock: Best wishes on streaks, goals and plans! Terrific.

Twins', although the CRP is something to monitor, of course, I don't think that A1C is so alarming. CRP can be lots of things, but of course, we do live in the US, so for us it does warn more (percentagewise) about cardiovascular. What will the dr do next - just suggest ways of eating or exercise or does he/she have more med and test ideas?

I have discovered chocolate hummus and it's my new favorite thing. I have to rein that in, of course. lol Wonderful fruit dip.

Dstepdil has taken cuttings of her herbs for all of us - oregano, lemon balm and Thai basil. Lovely - I will put little snips of the lemon balm on my not-tuna sandwiches. The others have definite use for HRH's Thai foods and in our spaghetti sauces.

Veggies from gardens are coming as gifts - how nice! So far, no tomatoes yet. Dstepson got some of the tiny ones but not enough to share yet.

The tiredness bothers me still. As if I didn't already have hypothyroid for potential tiredness, as ya'll know, I have to be on the tiny daily pill, sometimes nicely called endocrine therapy, to play "keep-away C" now. For the first time in ages, I have a regular medical prescription that's not a supplement but an actual drug. One of the side-effects is "general tiredness". That's for 5 years unless brilliant new science finds better ideas. I read about the research and now know why I keep getting these "5 years, then we'll reassess" speeches. They used to say 10 years, but a study in Vienna proved with thousands of women studied, that 7 does just as much as 10 and it should be ended by 7.

I would say, IMO, the little pill makes one have dry skin and get tired. So, it's important to hydrate and rest and get that energy up in as many ways as possible. Definitely getting my B-12, for instance. Supplements that are good for skin, tissues. And cheering for bright science to come up with something better.

My doctors have
LIGHTS come on in their eyes about that - no kidding. You can see them almost wink at you, that C will have many new enemies coming down the research pipeline soon. Won't that be WONDERFUL for all of us.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:40 pm

Got 10,000 steps in today with out walking the ddog dgd did that for me today.
I did walk arounds cleaning up and picked up getting out tools taking a couple boards off the deck, and watering as well as sweepong
were some of my various forms of exercise today.
-----
Wed. I walked w dog today.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:11 am

Harriet, I was talking to my trainer yesterday about the CRP test (she immediately prescribed more cardio work for me) and a doctor was there working out and overheard the discussion. He told us that "no one knows what to do with the CRP score." It's a marker of inflammation but could be physical, i.e. a fall or inflammatory bowel disease or cardio or autoimmune. He said that ER depts used to use it after a fall to gauge brain bleeding but now they interpret it as heart/cardio. So retesting is good, and consider that it can be doctors looking for something to treat.

I've remarked to my massage therapist on how my hands are puffy, and how achy I get: hands, wrists, back, hip, etc.

So it will be interesting to get my doc back in town and see what his take is. He's on vacation this week, and next week is their "Acute" week so they only see acute patients, no routine stuff. So I'll get the repeated bloodwork week after next and we'll see.

I'm returning to my 7500 steps/daily routine and eating better.

The A1C isn't so alarming, it's that it's crept up from 5.4 I think. I do think my eating habits have slipped. OTOH, it's been a crazy few months with vacation, conference and out of town wedding so it's not surprising that I'm not at the top of my game. DH is now taking Jardience for his blood sugar, and my favorite cousin is diabetic on insulin now, and my mother too. I just don't want to go there if I can help it.

Weight is stabilizing back downward a tiny bit.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Healthy Habits”