Health and Fitness, July 2009

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness, July 2009

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Three pounds does not a frownie face make.

Maybe a ;)

from a bunch of the rest of us on fluctuations (me, too) , but not a frownie.

152 has been seen - it's not Bigfoot, it can be spotted again.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:28 pm

152 has been seen - it's not Bigfoot, it can be spotted again.

Ooohhh (((Harriet))) -- thank you!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:47 am

Jan. 5 -- 160
Feb. 2 -- 159.5
Mar. 2 -- 156
April 6 -- 155
May 1 -- 156
June 1 -- 156.5
July 1 -- 152
July 6 -- 153
July 13 - 155
July 20 - 155.5

* sigh * It might not be Bigfoot, but it certainly appears I'm hunting in the wrong area. The trend is not good. I realize that. As usual, I just got too lax with myself after the initial euphoria of 152 wore off. But you're right -- I can do it again... I've seen that it is indeed possible.
It is just sooo hard to leave off dessert when dh is having some! When I found 152, dh was eating grilled fish every night and NO sweets, b/c he was anxiously anticipating doctor's visit. Now that's over, and dh has cast caution to the wind again.
Tomorrow is another day.

LurkyLou

Postby LurkyLou » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:46 am

Lucylee: maybe some lo-fat dessert would be helpful? I now grab a handful of almonds (10-15) if I get hungry in the evening and it curbs my hunger. Not as much deliciousness as ice cream, but still....

I have been doing my cardio 6 days out of 7 and doing the weights twice weekly for 2 weeks now. I got on the scale this morning and I was down 4 pounds! from yesterday! So that has definitely inspired me to keep going. I didn't want to exercise last night, but headed up to do our elliptical--it was so hot up there! I had sweat dripping off my elbows :shock: !! but I drank even more water when I finished. The scale made it worthwhile. Tomorrow I weigh in with my trainer, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:13 pm

lucylee, look at it this way. You lost 4 pounds and have kept it off 4 months. That's terrif in and of itself, even if some greater losses fluctuated. Enlist dh's help - he probably enjoyed the fish nights with you (plus enjoyed proving something to the doctor and himself) and would be happy to do that again a few nights a week. Or, enlist his help in sharing his one dessert with you - it's always just the first couple bites we really want, anyway.

LurkyLou, that is great to have such a clear plan, and also congrats on the scale, even though it did act so crazy to have it all happen at once - some water weight can certainly be flushed with enough water to drink, plus sometimes weight "waits" a while to leave, as though our bodies are saying, "I need to be SURE you want to do this"! LOL! Just think how often that probably gets someone to give up.

I'm still fighting my schedule for exercise time. :x It's a tug of war. Also fighting for space a little (don't tell my dear family but somebody is ALWAYS underfoot, either the husband, the girl or more!! For instance, dstepson and dstepgd were here today.) I need the LR to use my best DVDs, and also need time/space to get out a mat sometimes. Can't do it early in the morning because I myself am a little too stiff right then and should wait. In the evening I am tired with a capital "T". We'll see.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Up two lbs.
down two pounds this week
remembering that I'm healthy and have my strength back;
plus I'm grateful thinking about this as I'm coming
up on my one year ann. for
the helo. aka life flight ride and
week long hospital stay.

Return to “Healthy Habits”