Health and Fitness July, 2023

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness July, 2023

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:16 pm

Day #5 for me to log all my food. I haven't timed how long it takes me to log everything I eat but I would guess less than 5 minutes. I do a lot of copy/paste because about 75% of what I eat is a repeat. I just need to change the number of grams eaten.

Generally, my meals are -
1st meal is a dairy/protein/psyllium powder smoothie of various ingredients & flavors
2nd meal is BGS (big green salad) with multiple vegetables and protein.
3rd meal is my highest carb meal along with beans, protein and vegetables.

My cravings have disappeared. I feel stuffed most of the day. I am feeling hopeful and really want to hang onto this food logging effort.

I don't have any off-limit foods, but I am very aware of the timing of my carbs & also my triggers.
Trigger foods = Potato chips, creamy dips, pimento cheese spread, ramen noodles.
When I get close to trigger foods I can hear DANGER DANGER alarms going off in my head.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:55 am

Day #6 - Slowly getting into my feel better groove. I am being intentional about not trying to focus on changing too much at once. My primary focus for now is to establish the habit of logging all food.

I was reminded not to look at daily weight. I do weigh every day because I need accountability. However, I accept my daily weight will vary up to 1-3 lbs and anywhere in between. It is frustrating if I compare my weight to yesterday and I gained weight for no reason. I average my daily weight for 7 days and compare those weekly averaged numbers. When I have a day with an unexplainable gain it gets evened out in the 7 day average. The weekly average gives me better information on how my weight is doing.
1. Know what you want.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:30 am

Well I really struggled yesterday with being hungry even though I had had plenty to eat. However I learned important lessons..or should I say I was reminded of what I already knew.

Pork rinds for whatever the reason, curbs my hunger when I get out of control. Not sure why, but I'll take it.

Wish the sugar of fruit and bread didn't set me off with cravings, but they do. So next time when around friends I will eat what I should and not worry about anyone else.

Yesterday...I didn't stay on my eating plan, but did get all my water, plus some in. Only managed 9K steps, was planning on getting more, but my body crashed due to what I ate and I lost my mojo.

Back on it this morning. As soon as I finish this I'm going to hop on my gazelle. I had a massive sinus headache this morning, but I think I've tamed it. They are much different than my migraines and it doesn't take me much to determine which is which.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:54 am

This morning (for breakfast, no less) I tried the Costco wrap without the sweet dressing, and added some Duke's mayo to bring up the fat. So we'll see what the wrap, alone, does for BS.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:38 am

Well, yesterday was much better...I stayed on my eating plan, did 12+ steps and drank all my water. I didn't have any crazy cravings as thank goodness.

Today my energy has come back, and am physically feeling much better...not sluggish. Wednesday I have a birthday luncheon to attend which is at a restaurant. I've already looked at the menu and know what I will order. Just need to stay away from the birthday cake...which is something I love to eat...sugar and grains, but last Saturday's episode will certainly help me steer clear of that. :D

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:10 pm

Twins - what did you discover about the wrap and your blood sugar response?

RR - BWTG on sticking with what is working for you. IMHO, nothing beats feeling good!

One bite strategy. This is how I deal with things that look good, but I know they will make me feel like cr*p if I eat them. I take one bite and savor it. I concentrate on the flavors and textures of that bite and enjoy the experience. 99.9% of the time I am perfectly fine with stopping at that one bite. A bonus is I do not record that one bite in my food logging. I give myself permission to enjoy one bite and the reward to not eating more of it is that I don't have to log it. Saturday DD12 made cheesy garlic biscuits. I had one bite and was content. I got to experience the food DD12 made and talk about the taste & texture with DD12 but I didn't eat any more of it. Yesterday DH made a lusciously looking and smelling bagel with lots of toppings. One bite was enough.

Day #7 was hard for me. Early yesterday I logged all my planned food for the day and then i didn't eat my planned food. Last night and early this morning I gave thoughtful consideration to stopping this food logging effort. I acknowledge that I messed it up yesterday. However, when I look at the entire week of logging, I am extremely pleased with my effort. I don't want to quit. So, I deleted all the logged foods I didn't eat yesterday and added all the foods I did eat. It was the highest calorie day so far. It's okay to not be perfect. I just don't want to stop trying.

Interesting to me. I ate cr*p yesterday that I know my body doesn't like. Guess what I noticed when I was recording my health numbers this morning? My sleep # was cr*p. My heart rate # was cr*p. My stress level # was cr*p. Once again there is hard facture proof that the food I put into my body directly influences my physical and mental health.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:29 pm

I had food cravings and it was a full moon so that is a factor for me.
Got half of my steps in by ten thirty did a shorter walk.
Closed my 1st ring with just over 7,000 steps yesterday. some one asked goal / 6-7 thousand steps a day in July and
scales went in the wrong direction poo!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:32 pm

Oh LadyM… that one bite thing would spell disaster for me!!! Remember that Lays potato chip commercial??? Bet you can’t eat on? They named it after me :lol:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:31 pm

LadyM, yesterday morning BS went to maybe 135 after eating the wrap with a little mayo, then came right down pretty precipitously. When we went to dinner last night after the movie I added maybe .75 cup of lemonade to my very large unsweet Tea and went to nearly 150 with the steep drop after. So both of those things are cause spikes. Today I had the last wrap for my lunch with ranch dressing and same.

Although I need to read more about what a normal response is, too.

I feel headachy and hungry today. I have 6400 steps. I just adjusted my profile on MFP from sedentary to the next step up. I need more calories.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Healthy Habits”