Health and Fitness July, 2023

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness July, 2023

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:59 am

I have taken several nutritional type classes and they all required the use of Cronometer. Because of these classes I learned to use & dig deep into the Cronometer nutritional information and now don't want to return to any of the logging apps I have used in the past. This is a quick look at the vitamin/minerals provided by my food today. I have learned cronometer gives more & factual information than any of the other logging programs I have tried. It has been my experience that the Cronometer people are very responsive and dedicated to providing the best. Cronometer is one of the two apps that I consider worth paying for the premium version. SHEEZ, I sound like they are paying me to promote it. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:05 am

Twins - I think your CGM is providing you with some good feedback. It lets you know what is and is not working for your body. Try eating something different at different times and see how your body reacts. I'm kinda jealous of the real time information it is providing you.
1. Know what you want.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:50 pm

Nsv…non-scale victory

I am down a pants size.

Stayed on my plan, got 13k+ steps in yesterday, plus my water.

Y’all are way too technical for me! I just prick my finger and check my blood sugars in the mornings when I first get up. Just eating Earth’s food, but no grains and as little as sugar including artificial as I can. On white stuff. I don’t eat fruit cause it messes with my bs, but will sometimes eat berries.

Bread and rice cause me to binge and I love the stuff. Watching my dairy as well.

My mom was the best when it came to eating and preparing food and taught me alot. Thinking about the way I was raised, I was able to control my weight for the most part when I was growing up. Wasn’t until fast foods, corn syrup and making poor food choices after I left home that I began to gain weight

My mom stayed her same weight her entire life. She did drink wine and alcohol on occasion and loved chocolate but just one piece a day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:14 am

Yippie!!

I dared to step on the scale this morning and met my first goal! Onward :D

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:43 am

RR - I am celebrating your successes with you! I am so happy you have found what works for your body and lifestyle. YGG!

I'm on Day #4 of logging all food. I wasn't perfect but I am pleased with my effort. Staying truthful with myself is not always easy. I can talk myself into just about anything if I try hard enough. I don't like wasting food and consider it a good thing to eat available healthy food. Just because the food is here doesn't mean it needs to be eaten by me today.

It was a challenge yesterday because we brought chips into the house to eat with salsa. I am a chipaholic who struggles big time with eating chips in healthy portions. Because I was logging, I counted each chip I ate. Is it extreme to count chips? Maybe. Probably. But that is the kind of accountability with myself that I need to not binge on chips. I enjoyed each one of the 15 chips with fresh salsa and then I stopped eating them.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:33 am

I'm shocked and discouraged at how hungry I am and how much I'm eating. This isn't a normal week and sitting in front of the computer and listening probably encourages boredom and eating but wow. I am trying to keep up with my eating on MFP (I don't have the bandwidth to leave Chronometer right now.)

But blood sugar has been great and in the pre formatted range of 70 to 180 except when I had the lows night before last. I adjusted the low alarm to 60 last night to avoid alarms, but didn't drop that low anyway.

LadyM, I am getting a lot of great info and know that bs is generally good. Will be interesting to see what eating out tonight does to it.

OTOH, poor dh was going for fasting blood work this a.m. and was at 140 on his CGM.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:56 pm

Walked some today got my distance in for morning yea!
95 of 120 goal for the day accomplished cal. burn on track for this point of my day yea!
Almost 5, 000 steps in.
Got my steps in before noon yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:48 pm

Another NSV...

Our community is having a Lu'au tomorrow. I need a coverup for my swimsuit and thought about a shifty dress I have that would be just perfect to wear. Only problem is it didn't fit me the last time I tried it on. I dared myself and said why not, and tried it on. It fit and not only that the other summer shifty dresses I haven't been able to wear fit too. I'm surprised that ya'll couldn't see me dancing in my bathroom over the discovery. I am a happy camper for sure. Glad I didn't eat those tasty doughnuts that were calling to me this morning :lol:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:32 pm

I'm eating pretty well today - the omelet/fruit/yogurt breakfast I often eat, then kept hunger at bay until now, when I ate a Costco Asian chicken wrap and watermelon. Very high carb lunch so will be interesting to see what BS does now. It's stayed in range and I now believe that when I feel so hungry it's not super low blood sugar telling me to eat, at least so far.

Last night when we ate out I had some of the spinach/artichoke dip with pita bread, and roasted fish (with a lot of extra olive oil) over a rich risotto. I also had two glasses of a dry white wine. Glucose topped out at less than 140. It went down pretty quickly after that, tho.

One factor is that I'm walking so much. This week I averaged more than 8K steps daily. Glucose was above 100 I think when I went out to walk, and hitting 80 after I had walked a mile.

Ds had blood work done yesterday and his A1C hasn't budged at 7.3. I wish he would start exercising and see what happens.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:53 pm

Well this will be an interesting day.

Got up and was able to get some steps in before I left to set up for the luau. We had fruit cups to set up and I ate watermelon which is wonderful but not on my list cause it’s fruit and sugar. The. For lunch I ate a sub sandwich. Meat and cheese would have been alright but I ate the bread as well. Grains.. another big no for me and I am already wanting to binge. I knew better, but wanted to eat like all my friends.

Anyway there’s a lot of water in my future as well as some hot tea. That usually helps. Won’t take long to reach my steps goal, but I want to add more because of my eating. Know I’m not getting near my scale for another couple of days. There was plenty of salt in the Italian sub meat so I need to flush it out the best I can.

However I did not eat the big huge delish Chocolate chip cookie that was calling to me… instead I wrapped it up and brought it home for Sweetie to eat.

Return to “Healthy Habits”