Health and Fitness July, 2023

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness July, 2023

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:30 am

It's the half-way point of 2023!

Time to give ourselves pats on the back for healthful eating, increased activity, getting back to postponed check-ups, meeting goals.

Time to revisit specific resolutions we made at 2022's end, or other dates. :shock: hmmmmm... ..

Time to share here goals to meet by or during 2023, and plans for consistency over the NEXT 6 months.

Time to plan record-keeping of the things we find important to our physical well-being.

A vital mind-body connection to reconsider is our habits. Many of the things we do right now as daily routine may be because our bodies get started on it while our minds aren't even engaged, so lets notice them :idea: and make sure they pass muster. If there is a habit, make sure it is a POSITIVE one or transform it!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness July, 2023

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:59 pm

I walked extra this morning so had my steps in before I got going with my day :mrgreen:
It is good to walk when it is cool out.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:16 pm

I have averaged 12k steps or more since last Thursday. I haven’t had any sugar, not even artificial at all for a while except for the days my stomach was acting up and not much then.

I am seeing an increase in my energy which is really motivating. I am not on my phone as much during the day. I do skim through during my 7 pm hour as tv is really boring. I go to bed most night by 9 and read for an hour. I’m usually up by 6:30am during the week and allow myself to sleep in on the weekends. That’s because I usually stay up much later on Friday and Saturday nights either reading or watching tv. My treat.

I am trying to incorporate more strength training for at least 3 days a week. Not consistent but working on it.

Have not stepped on a scale since I started my diet net, so I have no idea how I am doing. Know my bras are fitting better and I can tell a difference with my stomach. I am masking sure to eat more protein and I am getting in at least 64 ozs of water each day. My protein drink as a tad bit of zevia but not enough to worry about.

Had to change my gummy calcium for regular pills cause gummies have sugar in them. No bread either unless my stomach kicks in but I found a cracker that soothe it with only 45 calories and 10 carbs. I’m not counting calories, but I am really trying to watch my carbs.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

I have averaged 12k steps or more since last Thursday. I haven’t had any sugar, not even artificial at all for a while except for the days my stomach was acting up and not much then.

I am seeing an increase in my energy which is really motivating. I am not on my phone as much during the day. I do skim through during my 7 pm hour as tv is really boring. I go to bed most night by 9 and read for an hour. I’m usually up by 6:30am during the week and allow myself to sleep in on the weekends. That’s because I usually stay up much later on Friday and Saturday nights either reading or watching tv. My treat.

I am trying to incorporate more strength training for at least 3 days a week. Not consistent but working on it.

Have not stepped on a scale since I started my diet net, so I have no idea how I am doing. Know my bras are fitting better and I can tell a difference with my stomach. I am masking sure to eat more protein and I am getting in at least 64 ozs of water each day. My protein drink as a tad bit of zevia but not enough to worry about.

Had to change my gummy calcium for regular pills cause gummies have sugar in them. No bread either unless my stomach kicks in but I found a cracker that soothe it with only 45 calories and 10 carbs. I’m not counting calories, but I am really trying to watch my carbs.

Ramblinrose

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:24 pm

I walked some extra today the ddog wanted to go an extra lap so got to 3/4 ths of my walk in by 9 a m ish. for the day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:51 am

I went hunting for the H&F thread this morning because this especially important topic has been neglected by me. When I don't maintain my focus on my health, then it affects all areas of my life.

I get motivated and inspired by reading how others take care of themselves.

I went through a physically harsh month with having covid and falling down the stairs. The combination almost undid all my healthy habits as I focused on rest & recovery. The scars & bruises from the fall still exist so I know my body isn't totally over it. I suspect the shingle rash I am experiencing is part of my body recovery response. All this to say, yes it was physically a PITA month, but I made it through the experiences and am ready to regain my healthy habits.

Which are the most important healthy habits to focus on? A few I think of are -
** Stress reduction
** Sleep
** Hydration
** staying active
** Eating well

I know there are more healthy habits, but I am focusing on these 5. Each of them has actions that I am taking to implement and maintain the habit.

Part of my eating well effort is to log what I eat into cronometer. Yesterday was Day #1 of doing this and it documented what I knew deep down but didn't want to acknowledge. Just the act of being truthful with myself by logging exactly what I eat gives me information that I need to make better choices.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:09 am

My movement yesterday was on the stat bike and with my arms got activity but it was different.
Glad I was able to water in the yard with the hose last nite.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:27 am

More about CGM and trying to keep blood sugar stable.

I actually wonder if my glucose level runs low and I overcompensate to keep it up. I could be very wrong. I suspect that drinking a glass (or two) of wine daily could be one way I'm keeping glucose up? I don't drink to excess but I'm also tracking for seven to ten glasses of wine weekly.

I feel hungry now, and my glucose is back at ninety.

I'm going to track on MFP, LadyM.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:05 am

Sounds like we have all discovered things we know we should do, but don't always follow.

I am very focused on my health at the moment. But I am also soul searching to why I sometimes fail. I know what to do, but sometimes like my innner child I don't want to do it.

I need to get my father's voice out of my head. He was very critical of me when I was growing up and well into my adulthood. I know my poor eating habits at times is a form or rebellion, because even at my now age, his words still hurt.

There's no question I am an emotional eater. When I'm happy and life is going well, I can control, or better yet, eat the way I should. When I'm stressed..like I have nothing to be stress about at the moment :lol: I eat to make myself feel better, but it only lasts a little while. Need to figure out my triggers and how to recognize how to overcome them.

Self talk, as much as I hate that phrase, seems to be helping me at the moment. I know when I feel good, I look good and it also means I like what I see in my mirror.

My goals are still the same...eat right, drink 68+ oz of water and get my steps in. I won't get on the scale at the moment, because sometimes that's where my negative talks start. However I am loosing weight because my clothes are fitting better...and that in its self promotes positive talk.

I am a big fan of the phrase...It's not what you eat, but whats eating you...because it rings so true for me.

Return to “Healthy Habits”