Health and Fitness July, 2023

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness July, 2023

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:07 am

I have done a few steps around the yard. lke three times to get sprinklers going and my step count is really low.
I can stretch one the steps and am so grateful for the new deck with railings on them yea! Good call on that.
It is up to code now also.
Doing laundry today is helping.
My phone in my purse did not count my steps over town me being happy about that! Gt-r!
Getting some with doing laundry up and down the stairs a couple times.
Brought up hb patties while I was down there freezer is dang near empty now.
I have two veg. packs that can go in it.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:20 pm

I've been browsing online while listening to speaker. I have metabolic syndrome - I think I knew that but I'm reminded.

My glucose is at 90 - 95 which is normal and has been for awhile and yet I'm ravenously hungry. Is this normal?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:34 pm

Twins… when that happens to me, my body is telling me I need more protein. Fruit usually shoots my hunger off the roof so that’s one of the reasons I’ve cut back on that

Yesterday for lunch I ate two eggs with cheese, four pieces of bacon, a half of an apple size tomato and an almond flour cheese muffing and I hardly had any desire to eat dinner.

I am discovering is I eat a large meal around 1-3 I seldom am hungry. My 2 cups of coffee with real cream is my breakfast and I usually have at least 32 ozs of water as well before my lunch.

Gonna eat 6 ozs of chicken with more bacon, salad and tomato along with my muffin again for lunch.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:09 pm

My glucose is at 90 - 95 which is normal and has been for awhile and yet I'm ravenously hungry. Is this normal?

I think you will receive a different answer from everyone. Blood glucose in the 90's is considered to be good for most people. However, each body is different. I rarely ever get blood glucose numbers below 100 and when it approaches the double digits (90's) I start having symptoms of low blood sugar (I feel shaky, top of my hands start sweating, feel like I might pass out, etc) When my bg goes below 100 I must eat something. I do not consider this to be normal for most people. I wish I could get my BG numbers to be in the 70-90 range without my body throwing a hissy fit. #Goals
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:07 pm

Thank you LadyM for the input. I was at that level yesterday and had no ill effects at all. I was a little under 80 this a.m. and got an alarm and didn't feel ravenously hungry. Hungry, but not ravenous.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:33 pm

Those numbers seem good, Twins', although I don't know about the very low one, but couldn't that simply be an outlier? May I ask, what monitor is giving you an alarm on that? HRH says his watch that is supposed to do bs is notoriously inaccurate, but he wonders if he didn't spend enough. Your numbers are like the ones I would have when helping to test HRH's bs whatsit while he had to test every day during and following his treatments. (This helped us believe that his could be as high as the steroids would shoot them - awful.) Sometimes I would get a 100 or a little higher.

My little bit of medical testing hasn't seemed to respond to how I eat. When I was to eat a low-"carb" day (they really mean low empty carbs but I was compliant) and then have a scan/bloodwork the next morning I had a reading of 108. When I was allowed to have breakfast and then had afternoon bloodwork, I had 91, even though breakfast was one of my multi-ingredient smoothies with fruits, greens, nuts.

Hunger - I think I just go through spells of being hungry. I don't think it has to do with my bs. However, I think that yes, if I have a "sweet" breakfast I'll look more at sweet-seeming things through the day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:34 pm

Frustrating that I'm trying to eat well, but it's difficult because my day is broken up so much and at 6:30 p.m. I don't exactly feel like going downstairs to cook. I think dh was hoping to go out this evening for dinner with friends, he's not home yet so I'm thinking he did. And I'm so hungry now, with BS at 94, that I'm not going to be able to walk the dog until I eat something.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:39 pm

Whoops, never mind the question, Twins, I see that it is is CGM from your posts in PWYC. HRH had one for a while and as far as we know it was accurate. Now it is not covered by ins. and he really didn't like it anyway. (He has slight claustrophobia, which makes anything that actually attaches to you worrisome.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:35 am

Day #3 of being self-aware, truthful with myself and logging everything I eat.

Observations -
Day #1 was hard. I didn't like what I discovered. It felt like it took me too long to log everything.
Day #2 was a bit easier. I copied items that I repeated from the day before so logging the food was quicker. I was happy with my efforts at the end of the day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:29 am

LadyM, why do you prefer cronometer? Is it the macros?

I'm still struggling here. When I do eat well (i.e. breakfast) my blood sugar is low and I'm starving and on the edge of queasy also. Was up in the night with two alarms at 70. I turned the alarm off after that.
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Healthy Habits”