Health and Fitness August, 2023

Share healthy living habits.
Twins' Mom

Re: Health and Fitness August, 2023

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:18 pm

LadyM, I'm taking a look at your link on satiated. Looks interesting! Monitoring my blood sugar has been illuminating to me - it doesn't seem to be low blood sugar that leaves me hungry and sick occasionally. I am moderating my eating somewhat but loosing very slowly, if at all.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:09 pm

Day #19 was completely logged.

I struggled with old habits today but chose to respond differently than I used to. The kids wanted pizza so I ordered and brought home a couple of freshly baked pizzas for the family. The pizzas smelled amazing while I was driving home, and it triggered my memory of eating pizza until I was stuffed. I used my one bite rule to see if the pizza tasted as good as it smelled but instead of enjoying that bite, I was disappointed in the taste. For the first time I can ever remember, I chose not to eat fast food pizza.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:48 am

I am so very thankful for clear factual data, or I would be giving up and declaring that losing weight is impossible for me to do.

Facts -
** I am on Day #26 logging all food and drinks. It was hard and time consuming when I started but now it is routine, easy & quick to do.
** I am on Day #9 of going to the gym.

I was losing weight at a good rate until 9 days ago. In the last 9 days I have continued to eat the same calories and macros but I stopped losing weight. In fact, I have gained .2 lbs. Clearly when I started going to the gym it caused my weight loss to pause.

I know the value of regular exercise, so I am not going to stop going to the gym. I am going to continue to log food, exercise and analyze what happens.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:05 am

I did not walk yesterday but still got my steps in doing floors & chores here.
Good to know.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:43 am

My steps have fallen off since Tuesday, when I had 8K steps. I managed 5K on Wed, Thurs. and Friday. We'll see what today brings. I'm puttering around the house. And having little appetite meant I lost about 3 lbs, but we'll see if the loss sticks.

I'm not sure when I'll resume workouts. I don't think it will be Tuesday but maybe Thursday if they allow it.

LadyM, I wouldn't worry about the little plateau. You're doing so well, the weight loss will come.

I need to start recording what I'm eating again. Bs has been okay. I had to throw away a lot of food from the refrigerator.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:21 pm

LadyM, do you think you might be growing a little muscle?

I lost some during Covid. I gradually went up but not to the highest it was, then I went down again. I am still a few pounds lower than I was before we got sick. Who can eat a lot while working outside in this heat anyway?!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:24 pm

We have started taking turmeric capsules again. Don't know how we got out of that exactly. I used to take it any day that turmeric wasn't part of a recipe (morning "scrambles" used it). And HRH took it every day. Anyhow, he's definitely been having aches and pains so I remembered it and asked him and neither of us can remember why we stopped, so we'll see. It might help.

I've been on track with morning meals rotation. Smoothie, scramble, oatmeal, then smoothie, scramble, cereals. All with abundant fruits and most with fruits-and-veg, (although fruits for scramble are peppers, since it is savory). Lunches have been a little closer to rotation, although other folks have more input by then and sometimes get me off-track. Baked potato loaded meal, poor girl's lunch, sandwich (carrot/squash or chickpea/celery).

10,000 steps is so much - WOW you guys are doing very well. Do you feel that it is directly related to more weight loss? Or mostly just the stamina benefit? leg strength?

btw, you did inspire me to find out for a few of the short T-Tapp walking workouts I do. I learned that one of the 15-minute videos I can quickly access on YT is about 700 steps. Nice to have that info. I thought about the T-Tapp hoedowns, but that is really leg lifts, so not the same thing. In general, my videos get the heart rate up with isometrics in the same spot.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:26 am

I worked harder and actually gained wt. the 15 I lost the first part of the year is back.
So poo on the increased step count helping with wt. loss.
Heat has interfered with stamina.
I wish I had a better report.

Return to “Healthy Habits”