Health and Fitness August, 2023

Share healthy living habits.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Health and Fitness August, 2023

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:31 pm

I did something new this year went late for the event ate at home still socialized had a cup of something water or coffee on program.
It was a brunch and they usually do not have much at that I can have. I picked the right one for that as their oven broke! LOL!

Deviled eggs and jello salad are my go to things for family gatherings.

Thanks for the input to my question.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:57 am

Potlucks seem easier than eating in family/friend's home where the choice of food is limited to just what they prepared. I try to go with the 80/20 mindset. If I am doing my part and eating what makes my body feel good 80% of the time of the day, then it is okay that 20% just isn't healthy or right for me on these special occasions. I gain immense pleasure by sharing food with friends & loved ones. There is something so bonding when we sit down and eat together. Sometimes I forget this aspect of potlucks/sharing food with others because I get so focused in making my calories/macros perfect.

We are restarting the weekly meals again at church next week. I might need to remind myself to balance healthy food vs the pleasure & bonding of gathering to eat together.

Day #10 was good. I logged everything and that was my primary focus. Now that I'm in the groove of logging I am starting to analyze what I am eating and how it affects the macros. I want to get the 25 vitamins & minerals being tracked into the green zone.

Choline and Vit K are a challenge. If I eat 2 eggs a day that takes care of the choline. Fresh dark greens take care of the Vit K. So I have added an omelet with some beet greens from the garden. Now all my vit and minerals for the day are showing good.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:07 am

Walked the loop skipped one block as I know of other stuff I'll be doing later on in my day.
Done with 80% of my steps by 10 in the morning today. YEA!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:27 pm

was able to get 14K steps in yesterday, plus some floor exercises at home. Drank all my water and stayed focused on my eating plan.

My bra is loose in the back :D

I usually get in most of my steps during the mornings. Part of that is with my morning class. Yesterday we did a sit in a chair routine and I am not a fan of that because I can't get some of my steps in. That made it a challenge so I had to get on my Gazelle and really hoof it!

Have decided not to get on my scale and just keep on keeping on. I know if I continue to do what I am doing the weight will come off...Maybe not as fast as I want it, but off if off...so we shall see what happens. I thought I would check my weight at the end of this week, but decided against it. Then I thought perhaps I would do it next Monday, but think I'll wait an other week instead.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:04 pm

RR - YGG with your many NSV. That is impressive!

Day #11 was good. I unintentionally skipped the first 2 meals of the day but was able eat enough to meet my minimum calorie/macro goals and keep my vitamins/minerals in the green zone.

I have today's food planned and logged.

Danger! Danger!! We have apple pies and banana muffins sitting on the counter. I'm trying to stay away from them.

I am perplexed about the vast difference in calories between 1/2 cup of refried beans (140 calories) and 1/2 cup of pinto beans (90 calories). That is a 50 calorie difference in a 1/2 cup serving. I don't care about the calories so much as I care about what is being put in canned refried beans besides beans. I do read the label, but they say it is less than 2% of the ingredients so how can it blow up the calories so much? This unknown is pushing me to stop using canned refried beans and make them from scratch, so I know the ingredients. I have no desire to become a food snob. I just don't want to regularly eat unknown ingredients. OH NO...am I becoming weird? No need to answer that question......

I recently read this and completely agree with it.
I’m against food shaming, food snobbery and saying ‘ewwww’ when someone else is eating something you don’t like, healthy or not.

I’m all for sharing information, personal stories and recipes that you love. I love reading about what works for someone and why, whether it floats my boat or not.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:05 pm

I am on a longest move treak 236 days for keeping up with my steps goal yea!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:43 am

Nancy…that is totally awesome!!!! what is your daily step goal?

I made 10k yesterday although my tracker didn’t record it. Spent the morning with my ddil and grands at the beach. They’re 4.5 and 2 years old so you know we never sat down for 2+ hours :D

The current was strong during the later part of the day and I had my dgd out in waist deep water with her floaties on. Would let go of her hands for a moment and then would grab them back and walk backwards in the water to our starting point. I got a great leg work out doing that!

Stayed on my eating plan but didn’t get all my water in … actually I did but I usually don’t count my 24 ozs of coffee I drink every day.

Put a different bra on yesterday morning and it’s tight. Let’s see if I can get this one to losses up!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:02 am

Nancy - you are doing awesome with your consistent step goals!

Ya'll are out of my league with the step count, so I am on the sidelines being your cheerleader. I used to be there but now I average 6k steps. I intend to build back my daily step count, but I can't focus on changing everything at once.

Day #12 food logging was easy. I'm in a good groove. Weight loss is averaging over 2 lbs a week. I am hoping I can stay in this groove. Just keep on keeping on.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:18 am

LadyM I always build up with smaller goals. 7K daily for 42K weekly and build up. This week, if I get 7K steps today - and I may not - I will be at 63K for the week or 9K daily average. My actual goal is 8500 daily but with three workouts and somehow extra steps I had one day with 11K, one with 10, and three about 9K. But I'm not raising goal to 63K yet, regardless of whether I make it this week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:30 am

Goals = fill in the 1st ring on apple phone app.
this burns 120 cal a day. Not sure how many steps it is.
today 1/4 of the way there 31 cal burned
steps 2,379 so far.
do a mile walk with ddog plus other activities that bring up the #.
apx. 6,000 at the end of the day depends on how many times I go up stairs.
Today 7,140 steps to close the red ring.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Healthy Habits”