Health and Fitness August, 2023

Share healthy living habits.
LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness August, 2023

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:15 am

I forgot to post yesterday. Day #13 and #14 went good. I logged everything...even the things that weren't the best choice.

We have had a lot of sweets on our counter since it was DS15 birthday weekend. Three apple pies with lattice, banana nut muffins, and pop-tarts. One pie would have been enough, two pies was too much and then the third pie was delivered which moved it into gluttony range. We still have pie and muffins on the counter. Hopefully they will disappear today. My one bite rule has saved me with these sweets being in front of me nonstop.

Yesterday DH was in charge of keeping the kids fed. He brought home 10 hamburgers. :shock: I did eat a hamburger but was still able to balance my calories, protein, carb and fat macros. All vitamin and mineral goals were met.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:38 am

Yesterday was my rest day...so I didn't get in 10K steps. I'm ok with that. didn't get in all my water either. Stayed on my eating plan, but did allow myself one cookie. Didn't even taste that good so I didn't finish it. I find my huger has really slowed down. Last night I had 4 oz of fish, one of my muffins and some squash. Oh and a small handful of pork rinds. Finished my fish, at some of my squash and had a few bits of my muffin and pork rinds and I was done. Found that to be very interesting.

No cravings...ate the cookie for a reward and then discarded it cause I didn't like the taste. In was a chocolate chip cookie so that was really weird.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:32 pm

I walked 1 mi. and chatted with a neighbor hood friend on the way back so took longer than normal, counts for social too. :mrgreen:

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:01 pm

Well yesterday was sort of a bust. I did stay on my eating plan, but it was far too painful to walk. Having the material from a top swishing around on my back while walking was more than I could bare. Did get most of my water in, but not all.

I'll see what I can do today with the steps. I wish my tummy would disappear, but my clothes are fitting better so I know something is working. I misplaced my card that has all my measurements on it. May just go ahead and make a new one.

I'm just keeping at it. I'm not nearly as hungry as I have been in the past and that's a good thing. And I'm not having my crazy cravings as well. A handful of Pork rinds are really helping with that. Don't know why, but I'll take it. That reminds me I need to take out some fish for my dinner tonight. I'm not eating much chicken because for some reason the smell of it cooked is not settling with me

I made chicken Parmesan yesterday for Sweetie. It made enough for three nights. Sweetie said it was as good as any restaurant, so he's happy to eat it again. I have a bunch of veggies I need to cook up before they go bad so I know what I'll be eating through the day :D

I have decided to cut out ALL artificial sugar again. I was allowing myself 3 packages split between my 2 cups...24 Ozs... of coffee. Not enough to really change the taste so I decided why bother. Thats all the sugar I am eating although when I had a hamburger patty the other night I did use sweet pickle relish.. same when I make my tuna, egg or chicken salad. I am still not eating any grain and find I'm not craving bread. Who knew!!!

Nancy... Is your daily goal that you've been working on is to get in at least one mile a day with your walking?

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:59 pm

Rose: My daily goal is to get my steps in and that is to close the ring on my phone steps between 6,000 - 7,000.
includes walking the dog gardening chores stretching whatever it takes to get that in.
1 mi. is half of it some days. No set amount of steps or milage as that changes.

I am nearly 3/4th of the way done now with today's steps.

Goals = fill in the 1st ring on apple phone app.
this burns 120 cal a day. Not sure how many steps it is.
walk with ddog plus other activities that bring up the #.
apx. 6,000 at the end of the day depends on how many times I go up stairs.
Today 7,140 steps to close the red ring.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:49 pm

My goal right now is 8K steps daily for 56K for the week, RR. Last week I had 67K steps. Yesterday four laps around our circle with the dog plus the house cleaning I did put me at 12K steps - I'm not very efficient at cleaning so I do go back and forth a lot.

My weight is coming down very very slightly. It's hard to loose it, even with the exercise and working out.

I'm easily keeping my bs in a normal range. Average for the last two weeks with the CGM was 103. and the estimated average based on my June lab work was 117.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:41 am

Yesterday I stayed on my eating plan...and got all my steps...11K...and water in.

I try to eat my big meal when I make dinner for Sweetie, but I got so hungry in the afternoon that I had to eat. Made a large shrimp salad with plenty of veggies. I fixed leftovers for Sweetie's dinner a few hours later. Decided not to fight the hunger and just eat. Glad I did because I wasn't a bit hungry after that. I'm trying to listen to my body when it comes to eating and it seems to be working.

Hadn't gotten all my steps in by later that evening so marched around my kitchen island while watching America's To Talent. Only needed 1500 steps so it didn't get long , but went over my 10K while marching and watching tv. Need to remember that when I come up short with steps!

My class today was a chair exercise one. Although I enjoy it, I don't get my steps in...usually my count is give or take 5K. So after I finish this, I do my Leslie Soreson 5 mile Miracle ..only takes 1 hour and 20 minutes and its faster than getting on my Gazelle...that should do it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:55 pm

RR, I was just short of 10K yesterday, and although my actual goal is lower I decided to do some "house walking" to get me past 10K. I'm on track today for 8 or maybe a little less, which won't hurt me. I had lunch out with dcousin and had a salad.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:12 pm

Did my walk today got half of my step count in before lunch okay.
Th. walked and got in 10,000 steps on errand day today.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:24 pm

Day #18 logging all foods. Somewhere along the way I started paying attention to the macros, vitamins and minerals being logged. I've lost 4.5 lbs so far so I'm averaging about .25 lbs a day. I don't expect to keep up this pace of weight loss because it always starts fast before settling into a slower pace. My goal is to just keep on keeping on.

I'm fascinated to reach the point of rarely being hungry. It seems satiety is a buzz word being touted by many of the online doctors, nutritional experts and diet plans. I have barely scratched the surface in learning about the satiety index. However, the small amount I have learned and put into practice seems to have a significant impact on my hunger level.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Healthy Habits”