Health and Fitness November, 2023

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness November, 2023

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:05 am

I pre-ordered Dr. Greger's new book in his series, How Not to Age, which comes out early in December. For doing that, you can get one chapter (about bone health) to read in advance, along with the preface. I was definitely in the mood to read some actual science about bone health, since my recent mis-reading of my own results on the scan. I read all that immediately and felt really good about the certainty of the info. For instance, I'd seen a youtube from someone I'd never heard of, saying prunes were good for bone density increase, but this book has the actual studies and yes, it's true, and onions and tomatoes have good studies to back them up, too. That kind of thing. It's only 2,150 pages, lol (not really - online accessible work he's done to add to the book makes up the difference from about 650, I think. ThriftBooks has it a little cheaper than others.

So happy HRH has been eating collards with me after all these years of making faces. If we can eat more of the same things, it simplifies meals even more. I don't know if ya'll ever purchase them, but a bag of shredded collards is huge, so making bigger meals from it is wise. He and I both put vinegar on - balsamic for me and apple cider for him.

Our health insurance guy came for annual visit and tweaked our drug insurance additional for coming year. It helps to stay on top of that. Really helps HRH, simply because he worries about it. The guy says he is going to send me clearer info on how to get my glasses for less each year. He always tells us we should get some help with the price but when we actually go to purchase, we never do.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:36 pm

I got 10,000 for the day. Mon. 11-20-23.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:07 pm

1-27-23 Got 10,000 steps today.
Personal atta girl from my step counter phone app. 365 days badge achieved.

Return to “Healthy Habits”