Health and Fitness March, 2024

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Re: Health and Fitness March, 2024

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:56 am

Best wishes on your diet bet, Ramblin'. So glad you're feeling better.

Those push-ups were recommended to me by physical therapist when I had to see one for my shoulder after stepping into that hole on a walk and falling. (not at first, lol) I like the idea of 10 at several times a day, too.

The prunes for strong bones have not seemed to bother me in any way. Of course, I have no idea about quantifying the help personally - just have to accept the studies, which are very impressive. I'm up to 3 per day, getting ready to start 4, but it's not enough of a habit yet and I do sometimes forget, oops. Have noticed that the sun sweet brand is always fresh, but the WMart generic "great value" brand has poor packaging that will have allowed the prunes to dry somewhat, so I won't be buying those again. I pop them into a smoothie, or cut them into oatmeal or cereal, or, if it's a day I've forgotten them, just eat. The reason I like them IN something is that they can take the place of other fruits for sweetness, so that if I don't want too many calories that day/meal, I can regulate it.

Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness March, 2024

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:45 pm

Harriet … I love dried prunes and agree with the brand you are choosing. My mom kept them in a jar in her refrigerator and ate three every day. When I used to visit her I did the same and loved just eating them out of her jar every morning.

When I was 8 I had a thyroid condition and had to eat very carefully. Almost every day I had a Dannon yogurt with fruit on the bottom and back then all they had was prunes.

My trainer taught me to break up sets of exercises to make them easier to manage. My body likes it that way as well

Yesterday I almost stayed on my eating plan but ate several more small roles of Smarties candy. However I had fresh tuna and 3 cups of broccoli and cauliflower for dinner and a protein shake for lunch. Also drank all my water and got in 11k steps for the day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Healthy Habits”