September - Food and/or Exercise Log

Share healthy living habits.
Emptynester

September - Food and/or Exercise Log

Postby Emptynester » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:38 am

It is a new month and we can start all over again!!!

My goals are: Stay between 1,100 and 1,200 calories, walk 6 days per week for at least 3/4 hour to 1 hour, do strength building exercises on M, W, & F, belly busting exercises on T, R & S. Blood Sugar is +/- points from goal. Weigh in every Thursday. Sundays are a Day Of Rest (DOR) from exercising.

Stayed on food program: 9/1, 2, 3, 15, 17, I have no idea. We have been eating in restaurants almost all the time. I'm trying to make good choices - salads and non-fried. Can't wait until I can cook most of the time.

Walked: 8/31, 9/1, 2, Oops 3, I'm not going to be able to walk until we get back home. I have the wrong shoes with me and my feet are all messed up. Doing physical stuff (building, raking) so hope it will replace walking.), 9/10, 9/17, 9/18, 9/19, DOR, 9/20, 9/21, 9/23, 9/24, 9/25, 9/25, 9/29.

Strength Training: 9/2, 9/20
Belly Busting: 9/3,
Can we say - do your exercises!!!

Blood Sugar: +/- points from goal
9/1 (+29), What a way to start a new month. Darn potato chips!
9/2 (-3)
9/3 (-3)
9/4 (-2)
9/5 (+19)
9/6 (+6)
9/7 (+6)
9/8 (+17)
9/9 (+2)
9/10 (+3)
9/11 (+6)
9/14 (+11)
9/15 (-12)
9/16 (-9)
9/17 (+4)
9/18 (-7)
9/19(-3)
9/20 (+6)
9/21(-2)
9/22 (+11)
9/23 (+19)
9/24 (+15)
9/25 (+8)
9/26 (+20)
9/28 (+6)
9/29(-6)
9/30 (+1)
Believe it or not - when all these are averaged together I am only 5 points over my goal for the month. Will keep on trying.

Weigh in: 9/2 = -2.6
Weigh in: 9/10 = +1.0
Weigh in: 9/17 = -0.2
Weigh in: 9/24 = 0.0
Total for August = -1.8 I knew this was going to be a hard month - just happy that the bottom color is green. Better than gaining.
Total since start in April -21.8 pounds.

Waist size: 9/2 (-.75) inches.
Total since start in April (-6.75) inches

I know I'm going to have some problems keeping on schedule this month as we will be traveling. But I will just do the best I can.

blessedw2

Re: September - Food and/or Exercise Log

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:37 am

I have been really overeating (to past stuffed)... not sure why. but working on that.

my goal is to limit eating out or if I do go out get something managable ... I tend to eat the whole plate and can't seem to stop.
other is eat b, l, and dinner and not eat after 8 pm. (have some sugar free jello available)
cook in the morning so that it is ready for night time.
walk dogs at 8Pm to keep me busy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:33 am

Hi fellow loggers!

Emptynester is adding to her successes I see. She is misplacing inches and ounces for sure.

blessed, I have gone on-line to some local chain place's sites. You can learn the nutrition stats of local sandwiches, for instance, and know (pretty close) to what your calorie/sodium/etc choices are when you must stop somewhere, so you feel in control. It REALLY turned me off of mayo on restaurant sandwiches, for instance. What a difference when you compare the sandwich and the sandwich when you say, "hold the mayo". (How virtuous! ;) ) It takes some from 400 to 320 calories, from 24 to 15 grams of fat.

I had an ideal August report :D I exercised 23 out of 31 days with 8 days off.
Thanks for accountability.

This month, I'd like to up my time of exercise per workout.

During first week of Sept I sometimes switched things up and chose "heavy cleaning days" and "yardwork days" for exercise because I wasn't ready for the houseguests who were on their way :oops: (then DID have houseguests so I worked even harder chasing toddlers :lol: ). Still did my morning back stretch. Then, dd29 and I got in lots of walking with strollers over the weekend. She brought the walking DVD I've been missing, too - will add it in to my "video lineup"! 8-)

1st - First 20 mins of "Total" Workout
2nd - Day Off
3rd - heavy cleaning day/yardwork
4th - heavy cleaning day/yardwork
5th - walking (a LOT)
6th - walking (legs ached - did a little too much, recuperation time)
7th - Day Off
8th - Day Off
9th - A full 45 minute workout, beginning to end of video. "You did it!" :!:
10th - Day Off
11th - 45 minute workout again - maybe I can get used to this 8-)
12th - Day Off
13th - Day Off
14th - 45 minute workout, deciding on M, W, F right now, I think
15th - Day Off
16th - 35 minutes - Step Away walking DVD; hoedowns; advanced hoedowns
17th - Day Off
18th - 45 minute workout again, whew
19th - Day Off
20th - Day Off

And then my acid indigestion blew up big time, doctor diagnosed acid reflux and I just wasn't well enough to work out Monday the 21st. Time Out! :) (I'll post a new post after time out.)

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:37 am

Super way to go, Harriet!!!

Did so much wrong this last week. You will become my inspiration for the coming weeks when we will be traveling. You made the exercise a priority even when busy.

Go baby go!!
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:07 pm

Well, remember, for part of the days you are complimenting, I was chasing an actual baby... ... ("go, baby, go" he doesn't need to hear because if you take long enough to say that much, he's already gone!) ;) so I put him in a stroller and walked, and walked, and walked ... ...

Doing things wrong can at least offer an experiment in how it affects you (by the numbers) and how fast you can pull that back together. I used to avoid the scale after I'd eaten wrong and my fingers would be swollen from sodium/white flour. I was thinking I didn't want to get discouraged, so I wouldn't weigh until the morning after the next good day. But I decided to find out how much bad meal(s) took my weight up so I could learn how long my body took to release the gain. It's been less discouraging. I can say, "okay, two good days of healthy habits and I'll be back on track". However, I can put on 2 pounds from one bad day and need 2 good days to get back on track. Sigh.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:18 pm

Did okay traveling over night
bs was up just a bit this a.m .
so I did ten min. on tread mill at the steepest incline setting before breakfast
and heading out;
miss counted on dinner had a bs crash
before bedtime meds. last night
forgot to pack juice so note to self make sure to put some in
next time.

BS were up today the carbs in meat balls we had for
lunch must have been more or it's just some thing that happens
every so often. These things happen.
And do not rattle me so much like they used to
I seem to take them in stride now yea!

Took a walk before dinner that was great saw a deer,
and it's getting darker soon so I must remember that time slot
for next mo. after the time change and
get back to the total gym this winter.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:56 am

Nancy, it sounds like you are learning to care for your blood sugar levels well when away or at home. It is important to learn to take things in stride.

Hopefully by today, Wed the 24th, I'll have a chance at a workout again. The workouts I like to do include bending at the waist a lot for the sake of stretching the back. That's ideal for me except not so good for acid reflux the past few days. (tmi, I know :) ) We'll see.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Okay, on the reality front (dropping the wishful thinking from before), it is Tuesday, Sept 29 and I finally felt I was ready to work out again, 45 minutes. That length may have been not-so-smart :? since I really got winded. I don't believe I've ever been so red-faced after a workout. :oops: And I'm not sure my water intake today was high enough to compensate. I'll remedy this with a total "off" day tomorrow and extra water, lots of veggies.

I was on my way to report this and heard that ((Emptynester)) is icing her neck now after a fall on an adventure! :( Quick healing!

See everyone in October, bushy tailed, right!?! :idea:

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:44 am

This has certainly been an up and down month for most of us.

Kudos to Nancy on getting a handle on her BS.

Blessed has some good rules in her post - Since I go to bed soon than she does -- I have to stop eating by 7. Boy is that hard when DH is sitting there stuffing the chips in his mouth.

Harriet is still finding time to exercise with all else she has going on in her life. I still want to grow up and be like her.

Lady M and Harmony didn't post here this month, but I feel like they are part of the gang - just life is getting in the way a bit. Hope they come back next month.

October will bring cooler weather and maybe a little more sanity to our lives. In a perfect world, we would have time for exercise, planned meals and low BS counts. (Well, a gal can dream, can't she?!?!?)
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Return to “Healthy Habits”