Health and Fitness, September, 2009

Share healthy living habits.
Harmony

Re: Health and Fitness, September, 2009

Postby Harmony » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:58 am

Harriet, I do hope your AR is temporary. I took Acid reducers for years and ended up with a generic tagamet. I stayed much more comfortable taking something. However, my bone density kept getting worse despite taking lots of calcium and one 6 month period working out at a gym. Are you taking some extra calcium? I've gone off all medicines except for a Tums at night. This does not always work. My life revolves around my necessity to stay upright, always vertical. Sleeping is a problem, with the bed raised a couple inches at the head (blocks under legs) and 2 pillows, and a lot of nights napping on the couch where my head stays up on the arm.

Scarriest time is when I wake with sore throat, knowing acid has come up and burned... and I have a cronic little cough much of the time.

One of my reasons for exercising/dieting is to get weight down and pressure off abdomin. And strengthen leg muscles because I must do the squat rather than the bend to reach the floor. I am back down a little. The last couple days working outside helping DH, I did not eat much beforehand, knowing I couldn't do much with food in my tummy (bending) and having 1 basic bigger meal, 1 snack, and falling exhausted to sleep somewhere...seemed to work a little.

Lurky, 2 pounds every week is miraculous. About 8 yrs ago it took me months to lose 10 with WW, but I had to really restrict calories. I will diligently watch my carbs. A loaf of bread around here lasts us weeks and weeks! So there's not a lot to cut out.

Nancy, I wish I had your determination and self-control.

Lucy, we'll both do a dance together when we're in the 140's!

Return to “Healthy Habits”