Health and Fitness, October 2009

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, October 2009

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Welcome! This is a thread about gaining and maintaining strength for our wonderful calling, Homemaking. As we care for our own health, we grow more capable and competent to care for our families, our neighbors and our communities. As we become more effective, our hopes for ourselves and those we care about get the best chance!

Harmony

Re: Health and Fitness, October 2009

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:41 pm

Hello Harriet and all who frequent this thread. I filled out my next month sheets, took measurements, weighed, and I'm starting over. Not one inch or pound difference from last month. Pfffffft! Only difference I saw was my skin on upper legs looked smoother. They should be looking better with all the exercise they got last month!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:34 am

and I'm starting over. Not one inch or pound difference from last month. Pfffffft!
Yeah, what Harmony said. :oops:

I embarked on a new 'eating plan' today -won't say "diet". So, I'll see if this makes a difference for me this month. It sure better! :| Need to not only get my weight under control but also my blood sugars! I go back to the Dr. in 3 weeks and all of it better be more under control. I'm really watching it over the next 7 days/week. If it makes a large enough difference I know I'll be more motivated and inspired. For me it may be the answer. I need something super simple. I KNOW what to eat or not eat basically but it's the nibbling (or emotional eating) that gets me in trouble. So -we'll see!

I'm going to weigh each day for a while -think I need to do that to keep me on top of it.

Fri, Oct 2 - 174, BS - +43
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:46 am

So today I'm strictly marking down calories consumed. There absolutely must be something going on because the scale refuses to budge. I have upped my exercise also. I am trying so hard not to be discouraged.

Yesterday I fell off my bicycle. We were talking with my neighbor in her lanai as I came up the street, and I went to turn around. But I guess I can't do 2 things at once, I put my hand brake on full force and pedaled hard at the same time (I was paying attention to our conversation instead of my riding technique) and over I went. I'm fine except for 2 skinned elbos and embarassement at doing that in front of our neighbor.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:50 am

I'm trying hard to "not be discouraged" too, Harmony. Sure my lack of loss is due to too much partying on Saturday. NOT in my eating plan. Glad you're not 'too' banged up from your fall. I have a 3-wheeler and I declare it's harder to ride than 2! But there's no way I would trust me on a 2-wheeler with only one arm to balance & steer. :?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LurkyLou

Postby LurkyLou » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:33 am

Maybe it's the harvest moon! I've been pretty good at weight loss the last couple months, but this last week I've been eating waay more carbs than I should be and I know when I weigh in with the trainer, I won't be down....I'll be happy if I maintained last week's weight. But at least I've learned my lesson and know what I need to do to continue the good trend instead of the bad...........

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Blood sugar was up yesterday no breakfast for me
got it down by lunch ear was acting up.

A walk in the afternoon was lovely.

Switching back to my fall / winter schedule now
it's a transition for me.

Trying to get in a bit more inside stuff ie house hold tasks
as exercise now.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Hello fellow "healthy" Shes.

I finally turned a corner. I'm down 3 lbs. and have been keeping that off. Not doing much different except a bit more exercise. I'm writing down everything I eat and counting the calories. A bit more work then just checking off the squares on my chart, but seems to be working better for me.

It's the distribution of the calories. The chart has it pretty much divided into 3 times with a small snack at evening. I find I do better if I eat lighter through the day and save a bit more for dinner & a snack. Not the way the Professionals would do it, but it's easier for me.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:50 pm

Great job on the 3 pounds, Harmony. Happy Puppy Dance. I knew you were a weight loss waiting to happen. Schedule your largest-calorie meal when it makes the most sense for you and dh. That's the main thing - don't worry be happy. (Also, I guess, not close to bedtime! :roll: )

LurkyLou, you'll be right back on track in no time. You've gotten the carbs out of your system now. Yesterday, dd11 insisted I eat a KitKat bar because it would make me feel better. You have to respect that logic.

I am feeling pretty good today and followed Nancy to have a heavy-cleaning day, something I have not tried for a couple weeks. Lots of mopping and vacuuming, good stretching and moving. But I am still AWOL on the exercise log, abandoning Emptynester and Dee, and here it is the 8th of the month. Treating my midsection very "gingerly".

Also today is a low calorie day, something I haven't tried for a week. I would get spooked by acid reflux symptoms that came on when I hadn't eaten enough :roll: , so I would go ahead and eat snacks between meals.

So I'm hoping today puts some checks in my plus column!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:45 pm

Ah, Harriet, now you know how I get sabotaged with my acid reflux when I'm trying to diet. I'm a little surprised that you suffer with the amount of water you drink, you'd think that would neutralize the acid. Vanilla Icecream is such a soother, but alas for me it is a slippery slope...

Return to “Healthy Habits”