The Productive Backyard

A place to share garden and outdoor spaces plans and activities.
blessedw2

Re: Get Better Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:21 pm

lets see if this works. this is a small area in front of my house. dd's lilies and odds and ends. thank you indiana for all your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Indiana

Re: The Productive Backyard

Postby Indiana » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:50 pm

blessed that is so pretty.

LurkyLou

Postby LurkyLou » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:53 pm

Blessed: that is gorgeous! I love the mix of flowers, heights, etc. Looks so inviting.

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:44 am

Blessed, Beautiful front yard. Thanks for sharing the picture. You did a good job of mixing the colors and greenery.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Blessed, your flower garden is very pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:40 pm

thank you...it has been lots of fun... I will show you the flower garden (at the beginning stages for perennials) on the side of the house. I want to plant a dwarf pear or apple like the french wire but that will have to wait until spring.
still have tons of weeds with being sick on and off this summer has made it difficult to keep up with it physically.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:18 pm

We are beginning our winter vegetable garden here. We have done a lot of talking and figuring (and arguing) and planning.

Tonight we put up the wood borders, making it about 12' x 12' (can I take care of all this??). It was some old redwood scrap boards we had, worn out wood and not good for anything else. We screwed them together in square shape, DH had to level the ground so they laid level and square.

We are going to have a raised dirt bed with plastic underneath (better to keep control of nematodes) and all the vegetables we love to grow.

blessed, your flower garden picture is beautiful. How many eggs are you getting a day now, Harriet?

Return to “Outdoor Spaces and Gardens”