~ Outdoor Action ~ 2019

A place to share garden and outdoor spaces plans and activities.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: ~ Outdoor Action ~ 2019

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:52 pm

I cleaned the out door kitchen. Yea, I will paint a project then when I move it off the outdoor kitchen area the counter will be clean
and ready for a bbq if we decide to do that.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:10 am

I picked my 1st ripe tomoato today yea!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:57 pm

Harriet, how is Ophelia these days? I truly hope she did recover.

Ah the old morning glory. Remember my constant battle with them on my entry arbor? Until I finally pulled them out after 8-9 years and got rid of them. Dropped leaves blowing in the door all the time...

And they are in the empty lot next to us. Former neighbor on street in back of us had planted them at the back of his property right on the property line to that lot. They were pretty, blooming on and off and climbing up into the trees, meandering around...until now it looks like a jungle in there with vines everywhere. They are encroaching and have even come around the corner of our fence, sneaking underneath and we have a vine growing up inside the back yard. I know I should nip this one in the bud and get rid of it before disaster happens.

Oh, now after I wrote all that I remembered that it was NOT morning glory but honeysuckle! Apparently just as bad a spreader / traveler. Beware if you ever plant that one.

We've been doing non-stop work outside and the place is finally looking quite a bit better. All the pressure washing and mulching sure does a bunch for curb appeal. I have a bunch of bare spots in the landscaping that need new bushes. I pulled out the dead azalea which I think died of neglect. When I had my veggie garden growing I would water it while I was out watering the veggie plants. We have enough rain but there are gutters all the way around the house and lots of places get no rain at all. I need to do better.

Return to “Outdoor Spaces and Gardens”