What's for Dinner?

Share recipes, menus, and kitchen hints.
blessedw2

Re: What's for Dinner?

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:24 pm

sounds good d twins!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:32 pm

Dh is going to meet a client tonight for a supper meeting at the Tex Mex place where we get take out. He said there's never anyone in there and it's a fairly large place so he feels ok eating inside. I'm holding my breath. Things have settled down here in terms of # of new covid cases - per 100K residents it's "only" 52 new cases daily. Had been over 200 for a short while I think.

In other words, I don't have to cook tonight!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:21 am

yay that you didn't have to cook!!!
I am menu planning today and cooking for the week tomorrow (going for really simple).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:17 pm

I was asked to put our Mac & Cheese recipe in the Kitchen thread. It is super easy to make and a total kid-pleaser. I'm posting a link to the items because these ingredients are always in stock in our home. This dish costs less than $5 to make. There are never any leftovers because they love it so much that they eat past full until it is all gone.

1 lb Elbow macaroni
1 lb of Velveeta Cheese
1/2 c Heavy Whipping Cream

Put the elbow macaroni on to cook in boiling water.
Put chunks of the Velveeta cheese in a glass measuring cup that will hold at least 2 cups and add enough cream to make 2 cups. Melt in the microwave and stir until smooth (about 4 minutes).

Remove macaroni from fire when it is done and pour in a strainer to remove the water. Put hot macaroni in a dish and pour hot melted cheese/cream mixture over the top. Stir and serve.
Habits are the root
Progress is the flower

Return to “SHEs in the Kitchen”