What's for Dinner?

Share recipes, menus, and kitchen hints.
blessedw2

Re: What's for Dinner?

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:24 pm

sounds good d twins!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:32 pm

Dh is going to meet a client tonight for a supper meeting at the Tex Mex place where we get take out. He said there's never anyone in there and it's a fairly large place so he feels ok eating inside. I'm holding my breath. Things have settled down here in terms of # of new covid cases - per 100K residents it's "only" 52 new cases daily. Had been over 200 for a short while I think.

In other words, I don't have to cook tonight!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:21 am

yay that you didn't have to cook!!!
I am menu planning today and cooking for the week tomorrow (going for really simple).

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:17 pm

I was asked to put our Mac & Cheese recipe in the Kitchen thread. It is super easy to make and a total kid-pleaser. I'm posting a link to the items because these ingredients are always in stock in our home. This dish costs less than $5 to make. There are never any leftovers because they love it so much that they eat past full until it is all gone.

1 lb Elbow macaroni
1 lb of Velveeta Cheese
1/2 c Heavy Whipping Cream

Put the elbow macaroni on to cook in boiling water.
Put chunks of the Velveeta cheese in a glass measuring cup that will hold at least 2 cups and add enough cream to make 2 cups. Melt in the microwave and stir until smooth (about 4 minutes).

Remove macaroni from fire when it is done and pour in a strainer to remove the water. Put hot macaroni in a dish and pour hot melted cheese/cream mixture over the top. Stir and serve.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:51 am

I don't cook all summer so it's time to get back onto menu planning and cooking.

Monday was Swedish meatballs, egg noodles, cucumber salad, green bean salad
Tuesday: zucchini goat cheese, prosciutto bites, butternut squash soup with coconut milk topped with roasted pumpkin seeds and a couple pieces of fried sage.
Wednesday poblano chili topped with mango salsa for dd/ cheese/sour cream tsp/green onions for dh and I
cut up veggies - a couple tortilla chips
Thursday: chicken orzo dish - buy 1-1/2 lbs deboned chicken breast and buy one flank steak for Friday.
Friday: gingered Thai steak and pepper salad by half baked harvest
Saturday: top your own pizza and salad
Sunday: dd older will cook

Next week: use the quiche in freezer, veggie sausage links, fried potato, fruit.
sloppy joes on bun (pick up meat from local place), veggies cut up
ravioli with butternut squash, sage, (pine or walnuts for dd older) purchase premade from Biaggi's - nice salad

Return to “SHEs in the Kitchen”