Musings on Meals and Menu Planning

Share recipes, menus, and kitchen hints.
blessedw2

Re: Musings on Meals and Menu Planning

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:40 am

nice way of adding veggies!

I am over thinking menu planning this week because we have company coming which means I have to simplify my thinking

Monday through Thursday dd younger has lessons which means bring picnic food with. Keep it simple. I heard Ina Garten only makes 2 of the things and buys a couple things when she is having company...she seems to keep it simple where I always complicate things. (I don't have to have dinners made for dd older as she is on vacation so we can just have picnic food for dd and I and the teacher)

Friday until next week we have company

I will make simple chicken soup for Sunday
so my main worry for menu making is Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday for company

I have to think veggies
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Musings on Meals and Menu Planning

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:16 am

dreaming about the cooking I want to try and real meal planning is so different. I have found to I may need to make a new recipe when I have time to make adjustments and not worry about the "dinner" hour.

I am choosing meals right now based on what I have in the fridge.

big mistake (huge mistake of the week) - I bought a lobster tail to try in a lobster salad (I asked how much it was - my ears hear 15.99 a pound... and I thought hey thats not so bad to try a lobster salad for the group. the bill was hi but I thought I had bought other things and was too embarrassed to question the price. I went home and on the package the lobster tail said $52 omgoodness. my pride of being embarrassed led me into a big mistake like this. It turned out to be Australian lobster tail and it was $50 a pound. I couldn't return it because I brought it home. Thank goodness dh is kind. I was so frustrated that my fear of being embarrassed by returning it right away was more than my common sense.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “SHEs in the Kitchen”