TIPS FOR SHES HOMEMAKING

Share recipes, menus, and kitchen hints.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TIPS FOR SHES HOMEMAKING

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:53 pm

I will try to post some tips over here as I see them on the board. Some just aren't recipe applicable.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: TIPS FOR SHES HOMEMAKING

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:54 pm

Cleaning burned on food from Kittykatt

Lucy Lee, I have stainless steel pans, and when stuff gets burnt on, I have had great success with washing soda crystals (its full name is sodium carbonate decahydrate - not the same as baking soda, you wouldn't be cooking with this stuff! I buy the dri-pak brand available in the laundry supplies section of the supermarket. A 1kg bag costs just over £1). Just put a generous couple of handfuls in the pan (wear gloves if using your hands!) add water and bring to the boil. Let it simmer gently for up to an hour and then pour off the water (it's safe to go down the drain, even with septic systems) anything that's got burnt on should now be easy to remove, and then wash the pan as usual, to get rid of traces of the soda crystals. Your pan should now be clean and shiny again! The soda crystals are also good for slow running sinks and help keep outside drains clear! HTH!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:35 pm

From Cathy, December 27, 2019:
Discovered something marvelous tonight! Lemon pledge is awesome for cleaning the front of the fridge and the stove. They are white enamel. I am getting stains off that I didn't know would come off. Like over the "window" on the oven door. I got off most of the streaks that I could never get off with soap and water. It also worked on the chrome drawer handles on the island and the 4 drawers between the fridge and stove. Now they look so shiny! Again... beat the hot water and soap treatment by miles.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:45 pm

thank you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:21 pm

Thank you Dee.

Return to “SHEs in the Kitchen”