If I mention a few projects now that I'd like to finish this month, will that increase the probability that I'll really finish them?
1) Knit top for work: Basic pieces are cut but I still need to decide what shape I want the neckline. Once the neck is done, the rest will come together very quickly.
2) Simple cardigan in purple Tshirt knit fabric: Too hot to wear now but will need it next month.
3) Crochet dish scrubbers: Easy to do during long car rides or while watching videos. I have enough strips cut to make 4. Need to buy more net fabric to have different colors. I use them all the time on my cast iron pans. I had a made a dozen but already gave them away. The hardest part of making them is cutting the strips because the nylon net fabric is unexpectedly slippery!
4) Sleeveless baby buntings: Sewing group will be having a sew-in at our September meeting to make these for a charitable organization who uses them for child care while parents are attending classes. The organization is no longer allowed to use blankets at nap time, so they zip the babies into fleece baby sacks. I have 1 cut out to make as a test before I cut out several more to have ready for the meeting on Sept. 9th.
5) Previously mentioned paper crafts using pages from old books. I've been collecting instructions for various projects like flowers, Christmas ornaments, jewelry, sculptures. I bought a bunch of books at the last library book sale that I have no interest in reading but the paper feels good. (Don't hate me for wanting to cut them apart. They had been offered at several sales but no one was interested so they were going to be thrown in the dumpster if I hadn't bought them to experiment with book art.) I'll start with the simplest ornaments.
6) Start looking for ideas for coworker Christmas gifts.
OK, now I just need to make time to play with those things!