A week ago my coworker asked me if I could knit some baby hats for someone in her church to take on a mission trip. I had been looking forward to finally getting back to some sewing projects, but I have a very hard time saying no to projects for children.
I delivered 8 small hats today. It would have been more, but I decided to try a different pattern for one because the picture looked pretty. It turned out to be easy -- row 1 = knit 1 purl 1; row 2 = purl 1 knit 1. However, it involved just enough concentration and keeping track that each row took over twice as long to do as the easiest pattern; it also needed twice as much yarn as the simple knit pattern. Since I was pressed for time and running out of yarn, I decided to switch back to the quick & easy pattern to do the rest so I could make as many as possible.
I've used up almost all of the yarn I had on hand. I could maybe get 1 more hat if I made stripes with all of the little leftover bits of yarn. However, the colors don't really coordinate well so I'm calling a finish to that project.
Now that I've delivered those, I think
tomorrow I will have time to play with fabric.
A member of my sewing group gave everyone a notebook in November and asked us all to use it as a journal starting January 1, 2019 to keep track of all of our sewing projects for the year. Mine is still blank!!
She also asked us to decorate the cover to personalize it, and I haven't even done that yet. I have a few ideas of fun things to put on the front, just need to get the supplies and start playing.
I guess I could make note of the online sewing classes I've taken since January 1. At least then I wouldn't have totally blank pages mocking me.