Art, Craft and Needlework, May, 2019

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, May, 2019

Postby Harriet » Wed May 01, 2019 11:09 am

Puppets, bags, stamping, quilted eye glass cases, fruit carving, and gardening ...
What a fun variety of creative projects posted this month!

said BookSaver about April!

What is making your creative world go 'round in May?

So many times a smile comes to our faces when we think of our creativity - it's puzzle-solving and beauty-making and satisfaction rolled into one, nurturing our brain cells!

Harmony

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, May, 2019

Postby Harmony » Sat May 18, 2019 4:04 pm

I don't think this item is particularly creative, but it is frugal and oh I don't know.

What do you all call mending and fixing things to be useful again?

Today I took DH's favorite pillow and washed it. Yeah. Not all pillows are washable. This one had some kind of fiber batting in a big square folded up into pillow shape. He likes a nice flat one. So the washing was fine except it came out lumpy. I tried to straighten it. Put it in the dryer with tennis balls and dried. Lumpier. Worked and worked and worked on it but couldn't get it flat and straight again.

Ah-oh. Ruined his favorite pillow. Figured oh what the heck and cut it open on one end and half the long end. Straightened everything outside and put it all back together and sewed it up again on the sewing machine. Now it's sitting out in a laundry basket on a lawn chair in the sun to make sure every trace of moisture is gone. Once I have the pillow protector and case on nobody but me will be able to see the funky seam. :)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 18, 2019 4:36 pm

I am trying to sew up an apron for a gardening tote but have to tweak my design ideas first!
Found the jean fabric to use for part of this yea!
Mended fabric form one project to get it ready for another life in a diff one. :mrgreen:
I wanted to do a tote with diagional stripes been thinking how to do that. Remembered I had stripped fabric I cut on the bias save a lot of tme yea!
:mrgreen: made a tote yea it is not perfect but this was a learning one to see if this would be a good size! Lol!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun May 19, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 19, 2019 10:29 am

Good going, Harmony. That's using your skills (sewing) and creativity to think of a frugal solution!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “The Creative Home”