Art, Craft and Needlework, August, 2021

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Harriet

Art, Craft and Needlework, August, 2021

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:03 pm

How is your creative ꧁ღ ⚡ ღ꧂ spark shining as we move into August?

Has it lit up a path to a new idea or method? Is it showing you how your talents can shine? Are there bright ideas for your storage and organization?

We're all ears! We'd love to know.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, August, 2021

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:01 pm

I have been doing cmas in July progress check in with that,
got the jars cleaned up and prepped for that.
Started feed the freezer found meat pies on sale for when I want to do crafting.

Needles and Hooks:
Used up the cone of yellow orange and white on dish cloths and hotpads, put those away.
Gave some dishclothes from other batches to class mates at our 49 yr reunion lunch.
I got another cone of cotton yarn biege and rose and blue and have started with these one hot pad and
one dish cloth done. I have an opportunity to sell them at craft bazzar in the fall. Will have to see how covid dela shakes out.

I had good success with One Book July The Hero's Journey read and enjoyed it learned quite a bit, my heros journey & journal
enjoying them still working through that jounal. Got another book The Writer's Journey has great q's at the end of sections
I am tweaking for my journal.

I cut out a top this weekend.

New goal idea from EVO I got @ 2nd hand store. Ask how can I more balnce and order to my life, and rate that progress daily.
Creativity room is my focus this month. I got it cleared out enough to vacuum.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:36 pm

I seamed up a top I had cut out a week or two ago.

Reattached a band on some stretchy pants hoping I did not make a mess if them but the are for every day and
Were so comfy hope I can get some more use out of them.

I do need to update my wardrobe.
Finished a dish cloth the other day.

I made a crochet puppet this month earlier.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:59 pm

What a quiet month here for arts and crafts! I did some stamping this afternoon. Fun to do something creative!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:58 pm

So true, Twins'. My art, craft, and needles are "quiet" as I get organized here. Glad you got a little creativity in.

I'm trying to decide if I need a napkin holder for the kitchen table so much that I would upcycle some cereal box or something and cover with cloth, put on "feet". I'm in sticker shock over napkin holders I actually like enough to display them. Can find plenty I already know well enough to know the napkins droop in them, lol, or are not a good color. Do we really use a napkin holder at table so much ... .. hmmm.

It cost 39 dollars plus shipping to buy replacement cabinet handles to match the 1950s ones in the kitchen and I barely found them at that price. (7 and I don't really need all but it was the only deal out there, found on Et sy. Highly recommend looking there for odd hardware.) So, with that pocketbook sting so recent, I don't feel like spending much more money in kitchen when every room could use something and the big expenses were big stings, lol.

Nancy, way cool to be thinking of Christmas on a set schedule. And being able to give gifts to old friends - great fun.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:14 pm

Plans include fill the freezer and sewing up gift bags for dog treats.

Return to “The Creative Home”