***Holiday Planning, 2014***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
FelineFriend

Re: ***Holiday Planning, 2014***

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:32 pm

I have 6 ribbed hats to crochet by Christmas Day. :mrgreen: I'll get marching in place and walking done, in between crochet moments, so I'm not getting too stiff by sitting.
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Hanukkah basket was a success yea! Got it delivered today.
One more Christmas basket to go, will wait a week on it after dsgson returns to his dad's.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:21 pm

I made DGD a hat for her b-day next month, then decided to make her Mommy a matching hat, in different type of yarn, to match DGD's hat, and since I already made myself a 2-strand heather grey hat, DD said today on the phone, how she loves greys, black and white. I asked DD if she'd like to receive my recently made grey heather hat, she said she'd LOVE ♥ to! This will be 1 less hat to make! I've made DGS-14 a light brown hat, it turned out way tall, but it's a pattern I've never used before. I turned up the cuff 2 x, to make a nice, thick cuff, that's extra warm.

The instructions for the hat said to chain 56, for a teen-adult hat. I did, and it's meant for an EASTER ISLAND HEAD SCULPTURE instead! :lol: I'm on a red hat now, for DGS-11, and followed the pattern tips for age 10 - 14 heads, which, when I held it up to my head, with a cuff, after only 1 row, it fits MUCH-MUCH better! I'll follow the chain-48 pattern, go 33 rows, for a nice sized hat, for him, for his DGS-16 brother and DGS-17.5 brother, too.

When I'm finished with all these hats (I have 4 to go), the last person to make a hat for will be DSON-40.5. :mrgreen: He rarely wears hats, but if it's icy/snowy and they all go sledding together, they can all wear their hats.

DGS-3.5 and DGS-5.5 are not getting hats for Christmas, from us, because I've crocheted them very *NICE* afghans and adorable bath tub puppets, too. Their hats will be for their b-days, in Feb. and April. Then, once they all get theirs, the entire family will be hat-friendly and have warm heads. ;) :idea: :P

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:10 pm

wrapped all the presents that I have. dd younger still needs a present but she needs to go with me
all the people that help us through the year have been given their gifts.
dropped off presents to some beautiful children
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:43 pm

One more Christmas card and gift ready to go.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Am crocheting DGS-16 a forest green cap. It's a ribbed vertical pattern. I needed to re-work the pattern. NOW it is:

Using an "H" hook, chain 44, DC in 3rd chain from the hook and across the entire chain, ch-2, turn....
Then, you skip 1st stitch, DC in back look, from 2nd DC to end, chain-2, turn....
Continue until you feel you have a fitting hat... MINE are 34 rows, to fit an adult head nicely, not too snug or tight causing hat head, so with the fold-up-twice-cuff, it's a good, nice, warm style for men and women and teen boys alike. If I HAD a teenage DGD now, it'd look good on her, too....

But I made DGS-23-months 1, and did a chain loop pom-pom. It was in Giggles Bernat yarn and it's off-white and so SOFT. It matches her vest. Oh, what a sweet little outfit it'll be!

Left to do:
green-grey hat for DGS-17.5,
off-white hat for DDIL, to match her DD's hat, in the same color, with a matching loopy fringe pom-pom,
a dark teal blue hat for Dson, will be the last 1, if I have the time.

I have 11 days, counting today, to do 4 hats, if I finish on/by Christmas Eve. I have other things to do, upcoming, too, like an appt., get a license renewed, visit 2 nursing home shut-ins, and deliver gifts/visit 2 places, wrap/label everything, but things are coming together nicely, and DH helps around the house. This man states: "I LIVE HERE, TOO! I'M RETIRED! THERE IS NO REASON WHY I CANNOT HELP YOU, SO I'M HELPING!" Isn't that a "Sweetie"? ♥ So, since I lean on him to help, I can get time to crochet, and do other things needed, during the holidays, to keep from being "overwhelmed" or stressed. :) :)

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Got a Christmas card done for my editor, accountant and magazines staff, wrote how they're doing a fantastic job on each story and every issue, it's appreciated, etc.... :D

Planned on my Home Journal 1-week-at-a-time, things for this week, which include many holiday gift preps, deliveries, etc..

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:57 am

One more card & letter ready to mail yea!
Way to go everyone one your progress!

I only have one letter left to write.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:05 pm

I received 2 unexpected cards today, so have 2 cards ready to reciprocate with, going out tomorrow.

DH delivered gifts to the neighbors, I didn't go, as I didn't feel well (G. I. "issues") and they're both very ill with coughing and bad colds, a. k. a. "The Crud," in these parts. They're glad I didn't come. I am, too. Didn't want to get ill. DH will try to deliver another friend gifts tomorrow, too, on his way to run errands, get prescriptions, and groceries.

I'm crocheting hat #5 now; have 2 to go after this one. :mrgreen:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:19 pm

Hat #6 is done; 1 to go and will wrap-wrap-wrap. Getting small gifts together, this evening, (I hope), for envelopes with Christmas paper notes inside, to individual family members. ♥

Return to “The Creative Home”