***Holiday Planning, 2015***

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: ***Holiday Planning, 2015***

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:49 am

The gift basket was a hit especially the lg box of blueberry muffin mix #2 dgd picked out it is something she can eat wout cinnamon in it. I will check the pie filling and see if it has any or not and consider that for the next one if no cinn. Is in it. I added a can of olives and a new yrs. Eve type horn, 2 jiffy pizza mixes, low sug. Jam, 2 round dish clothes as well. Plus hemmed fabric 1 yd. Of Jewish candles to lite in the print I cannot soell Mannora, for a basket liner.

I have 2 hot pads ready for the next one done yea for progress. I NEED SUGGESTIONS for the next one please. Honey nuts apples pominagranates, raisens, dates, for the bread oilve oil, cheese, wine, salsa, Kosher cook book.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:34 pm

Sounds like a nice basket, Nancy. I got some of the cookie ingredients while I was shopping today. Stuff the store always gets out of too soon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:32 am

the basket sounds lovely d nancy
great on the cookie ingredients d harmony
I got one of my moms gifts in the mail. I put it aside

Holiday grand plan master bathroom below printed from their site

• "Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
• Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
• Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
• Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes
• Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
• Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
Make list of any table and bathroom linens that need replacing before the holidays, and pick up a few each week."
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:38 am

I found a lovely sewing shop a half hour from my house. lots of fun.
I am calling the knitting shop tomorrow as I want to finish the mittens for dd's

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:45 pm

Today I bought some pie filling and ingredients. Either for Thanksgiving or Christmas I usually end up making a couple pumpkin pies. At least I won't be hauling that stuff home at the last minute. Ah, I replaced the cookie ingredients I bought that I got into and ate. :oops:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Not doing cookies this year.

We are enjoying sug. Free jello with cream cheese and cool whip so I am going to stock up on that. Deviled eggs are a hit. And there was not even a serving of chili that I took, left after dson's housewarming party. It is good to know what works.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:04 am

I have finished weaving for a holiday a basket liner I plan to use this year. Happy with this progress yea!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Yesterday I bought 2 little gifts for 2 of the grandkids. Spoke with DD and we talked about how hard it is to buy for the adults. I suggested maybe someday we could get for the kids but just pull names for the adults. She thought it was a good idea because "we all have enough trinkets". Told her to think about it. Don't know if this will happen this year or perhaps next. I think it would be a good idea. A lot of our gifts have filtered down to gift cards...and though we all like getting them to places we like to shop in, it doesn't feel like we've gone to much effort with just the card. If we do do this, I'd have to make sure I get her name because I already have hers. We'll see if she talks to her sister about it...

Also learned DD1 will not have her boys this year (they'll be at dad's) so she's planned a cabin trip for herself and DD & DH so is not hosting. DD2 usually spends some of Thanksgiving at DH's family. If they do (and this is the DD who does not like hosting) we might not be traveling this year. I need to think some more about this.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Posting here so I don't forget a couple ideas for co-worker gifts. We exchange birthday gifts, so I'm sure we will do Christmas gifts, too.

The plans for the new addition to the library include an actual staff work room, a place behind the service counter where we will be able to quickly slip back to eat lunch rather than eating in the midst of library patrons. We don't always get the chance to take a lunch break, but if it happens it will be nice to be able to sit at a table in private. We also might have individual cubbies for our purses, or at least a box on a closet shelf.

Possibilities:
1) Monogrammed placemats if I can find a cute library theme pattern to sew
2) Monogrammed mug rugs
3) Decorated name tags for cubbies

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi u r all amazing

Return to “The Creative Home”