Art, Craft and Needlework, March, 2010

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Lisa B.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, March, 2010

Postby Lisa B. » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 pm

next one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ~ Amelia Earhart
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:56 pm

another one:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:59 pm

There are some more stitchery blocks from April to October last year that I completed in the latter part of last year.

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:52 pm

So many beautiful pictures of all the villagers craftwork - thank you for sharing.

Harriet - I love quilts, I don't make them myself but am a collector and admirer for years. Actually traveled to Amish country years ago to buy them directly from their homes, hand stitched and gorgeous. A San Francisco art museum has an Amish quilt exhibition now that we're going to see soon. Thank you for sharing your process and pictures.

LisaB - I love the little sunbonnet girl and the other monthly motifs. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

Cheering on all the other crafters.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:32 pm

I agree with Sheerinjoy;
thanks Lisa B. for sharing your pics. with us & I like your tag line too!

Got my knitting done today.
Remembered dstepgson will be here so need to do up a hoodie for that so it will be on
my list for next up too.
I was bummed that the knitting / crocheting show on PBS was not on today
but I found some thing else on diab. to watch :arrow:
more on that in the health n fitness thread.

I'm considering doing up some of the granny square slippers
in this link a pattern and pic. there too.
http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/free/wearables/f124002_grannyslippers.shtml
Here’s another version of the granny square slippers.
http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/free/wearables/f124002_grannyslippers.shtml
What I’m considering for some Christmas projects.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:56 pm

I've decided I like the "February" of Lisa B's needlework best! All are so pretty. Thanks so much for letting us see your excellent stitching. Who is the charming model posing with the first photo?! :)

Nancy, those are downright cute slippers in the first link! You would have so much fun stitching those up. The second one just takes me to the same page, though, so I'm thinking there was another pattern you wanted us to see.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:38 pm

Harriet I updated that other post with some of the same slippers
only in different colors.

I also thought one could do small knit squares like half the size of dish cloths and
use that too.

I also found this site today:
http://debbiemacomber.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=knitting&pageID=31
I'm SO inspired! Yea! There are pattern books, near the top of that page a knitters
club some stuff the author has done and charities she makes stuff for are listed and
some things readers / members have subimitted so fun to see!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Nancy, I didn't know Debbie Macomber had anything to do with knitting. Is she the same Debbie who writes fiction books? I had a similar pair of slippers someone crocheted for me years ago and I wore them until they fell apart!

Lisa, I love those little pictures. Is that what they call Redwork? I have a pad of redwork stencils I bought for who-knows-what a long time ago. Now that there'll be a baby girl in the family I'll have to think what to do with them.

Harriet, I like that you can still find time to do a little sewing even with your busy life.

I am rushing through all my chores so I'll have more quilting time. I'm pleased at how it's coming, not taking nearly as long as I feared. I'm getting faster at it, still struggling with the knots though. We found a place in the family room for the quilt rack, in back of the love seat, not in the way and good light from side window and sliding glass doors. Yes, my shoulders are feeling the tension. I get up and move around quite often.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Yes Harmony, Debbie Macomber writes a lot of romance novels.
I did not take time to look at yarn today
when we were over town sort of got a late start so ran short on time.

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Thank you Harriet, Nancy, Sherinjoy and Harmony.

Harriet, the little cutie in the first picture is my baby - her name is Coco and she's a Yorkie. Funny story how she got into the picture. I had just positioned the cushion how I wanted it for the photo, turned around to pick up my camera, turned back to take the photo and she had already jumped up and decided she wanted to lean against my nice new cushion. She is looking like that coz, I moved the cushion a little higher so one could see the stitching I had done on it. Coco would not move away so I took the photo with her in it. I must say that she is so cute and has her own personality.

Harmony, the stitching is what one would call redwork, but in this case, I did not use a red. Instead I used DMC 600 which is an extremely dark cerise pink. Haven't I mentioned before, my favourite colours are Pink and Yellow. :)

I would like to show you all the other stitchery's I've done for April to October months of last year. I think I will have to upload them to my photo-bucket site and put a link here for you to have a look. Now what is the password for that site? I'll have to think about it and do it soon.

I'm also going to learn Sashiko this year and applique. I have ordered this book, as it was highly recommended http://search.barnesandnoble.com/New-Applique-Sampler/Becky-Goldsmith/e/9781571202659 and am waiting for it to arrive.

Return to “The Creative Home”