Art, Craft and Needlework, April, 2010

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Art, Craft and Needlework, April, 2010

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:03 am

Finished project with thrift shop yarn.
Have brown & green going as per dgson's req. for his hat
I'll keep it till his bday or Christmas.
Nearly done with this round of hoodies/hats.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:37 pm

A little at a time I've been reorganizing my craft area. Most of the supplies are scrapbooking. My work area is a closet that measures roughly 10 feet by 3 feet. There is a 4-shelf unit at one end and 4 fixed shelves on the other end. The work surface I use is a computer desk that has two attached shelves . On the long wall above the desk are two more fixed shelves that the pictures are stored on. There's a little floor space left over for a small plastic drawer cart and I use three sets of stackable drawers on the shelf unit.

I have about 10 years worth of pictures to work with, along with the old pictures from my youth and before. So far I have sorted most of the pictures into "photo boxes" (the shoebox size with pretty prints on them, or plain black or white).

We have a bookcase in room that I keep my crafting books, magazines and photo albums on. When we moved some furniture around in the house we put a buffet with the shelf hutch in the room here and I'm using that to store the paper and some of the gadgets.

Of course, the main objective here is to have a work/storage area that is clutter-free, easy to work in and easy to clean up. I think the key here is to use as much of the same type of storage boxes, stackable drawers, etc. as possible to give a neat, uniform look. If I need to, there is enough room in the main room to set up a card table at which two or three people can work.

My next project will be to make an album for my dgd15 of some of the pictures she took on her trip last week. I have pulled out some paper, stickers and stuff to use when she brings a cd of all her pictures, hopefully this weekend when they come for Sunday dinner.

It's nice to see what others here have projects they have been working on.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:23 pm

getting back to my crochet square production.
9 balls x 2 squares to do then its the fun design and connection. productive part.
If dd doesn't come to look i'll decide for myself how to put them together.

I want it done before it falls into a ufo catergory with baby projects from years past.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:45 am

I'm glad I'm winding down on my craft projects as summer gardening & yard work is starting to take up more of my time now.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Nancy, I know what you mean about the gardening and crafts. A couple days last week I was too tired from outside work to do anything on my quilt.

I have seen Sunny's space. She really has a lot of stuff organized nicely into that area and you should see how pretty her scrapbook pages are.

Lynlee, I think we all have some ufo's sitting around.

Did some more work on the quilt, I'm working on the last border strip, have one end of the quilt done and the other end half way there. When that's done I'll roll it up to the middle and finish a little spot on each side at the middle.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Got some cream and navy colors in yarn today @ the thrift shop
for those times it's raining and I can't get out
to do much yard work like today!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Harmony you are an inspiration - how much you have done even with a broken wrist with ongoingproblems.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Ahhh...thanks, Harmony!!! I agree with Lynlee and Others who have said that you are an inspiration because of all you have accomplished especially the last couple of months in a situation that would have me babbling incoherently. ;)

Speaking of UFOs...I have a few stashed away myself. One in particular comes to mind; I have promised myself that I will finish one day soon.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:33 pm

Funny story: at the drs. the other day he asked me to turn my palm up and I immediately did the move I've been doing in order to get my hand in that position so I could catch the needle underneath. I didn't realize I've been swinging my elbow in against my body so I could turn my hand over. He laughed and told me to try it without my "trick".

Sure missing our village quilter; (Harriet) I'm sure she is missing her quilting time these days. I've been working on my last border, I now have a 3' x 4" strip to do, then the two little places in the middle, less than a foot total there.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:40 pm

I was knitting holding dgd#3 today
and she touched it
and then helped me hold it
and I slowed it down so she could see what the yarn and needles were doing
she was fascinated by it and I was amazed at her fascination at such a young age!

Return to “The Creative Home”