Holiday grand plan 2010

A place for Artistry, Crafts and Needlework; Decorating and Holidays.
blessedw2

Re: Holiday grand plan 2010

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:47 am

It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday DNancy!
It does take time to get used to the new! I can see it happening with dd21 already. Her friends are getting together for New Years day to watch the Rosebowl. I am actually thinking of taking mil on New Years day out to a nice lunch. I think I might start a new tradition with dd15 as she is still home.

When we started our traditions I remember both our mothers not being happy. My family did both Christmas Eve and Christmas day and wanted us to give up Christmas Eve every other year, but since we did both it didn't seem right. It took a long while for both families to adjust. It will be interesting to see now that dd21 is already setting her own traditions what will come next. :D

So happy you had a nice Christmas.

re: holidays: things I learned... my laundry gets so behind, I have to work on that.
my bills also get behind.
but otherwise it really was a really lovely Christmas. Cherishing it.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:50 am

I have started putting away Christmas only a little bit at a time so it is not so overwhelming.
So each day I grab a plastic small bag, get something gone and put it in the right places. I had already vacuumed that area.
Last night I took down the village to have more room in the dining room.
I also got rid of an extra paper etc. as I tend to buy presents before I empty Christmas stuff. My extra Christmas cards are in a seperate see through box so I can reach those early.

also my goal is to make up my binder for next year now and put it with everything for easy reach in August.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:35 pm

After talking to some one that had to work and their kids did not call realize how great our Christmas was!

Some of the things that worked getting ski hats done up for every one as they take
ski trips in the winter, getting the candy bars in with these for the ski trip.

Some things that did not work the carb. count is off on the shrimp and pumpkin cheese cake
thanksgiving menu went better in that respect.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:16 am

flylady: take 15 minutes to put away some of the gifts you received.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:38 am

new years is my worst holiday so:

lower my expectations (I don't have any but I always feel left out etc. and tend to get angry feelings toward dh as he does not socialize and I feel guilty if I left him alone). I have to think of it as I have to plan my celebration another day. make a new tradition for myself - plan a trip downtown with girls, do something nice the week after christmas).

Return to “The Creative Home”